This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check side lever progression

Started by Marco Levati, June 6, 2021 · 5 Replies · 79 Views

Marco Levati

https://youtube.com/shorts/UBVVoUaGZbU?feature=share

I can hold with no problem they mastery of the side level block, but I cannot do even one repetition of the rotation. So for now I’m doing negatives but I really feel I am missing something. In the description it says to press outward. Do you mean? Also the highest shoulder should just be relaxed and elevated right?

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Marco Levati said:

https://youtube.com/shorts/UBVVoUaGZbU?feature=share

I can hold with no problem they mastery of the side level block, but I cannot do even one repetition of the rotation. So for now I’m doing negatives but I really feel I am missing something. In the description it says to press outward. Do you mean? Also the highest shoulder should just be relaxed and elevated right?

Hey Marco, the 2 main problems are concerned with the lower shoulders that basically should be more protracted and more depressed. If you want to rotate you need to create space between the shoulder blade and upper body but this can happen only and only if your shoulder blade is already in the maximum protraction position. in this case is a matter of pulling with the upper arm. notice that turning while not losing height is also a matter of anterior deltoid and lateral deltoid strength, something that can be exerted with the depression.

probably the normal front support is not enough strong to move in this rotational movement.

Marco Levati

Is it better now? 
https://youtube.com/shorts/yf2ppjnU5bY?feature=share