Just realized today is the 6 month mark of when I started GB back in December 1 2020.
I started on the Intro section and spent about 4.5 months on segment 1 alone. I didn't just follow the video, and end it there. I paused a lot do do extra time for most of the stuff, especially the crab and ape, and daily limber routine specifically the straddle/pancake and pike. Now I am on Intro segment 2 and have been on it about 1.5 months. I will move to the next segment soon but I want to make a bit more progress in the torso segment and the bands chest/scap segment, I have a bad shoulder that has been needing a lot of focus during these movements.
Observations:
-Shocked at how much effort it took to do that easy looking crab for the required distance. When I started I would go one living room length (abt 10') and collapse at the end. It took those 4.5 months just to walk up and back 10 times or about 30m before I could move to the next unit.
-Surprised at how difficult it is to do the pancake/straddle even still. It feels like I was making good progress for a bit, biting off the low hanging fruit but the last few weeks or so I feel it's gotten harder to make progress. I really have to put some serious effort into that hip forward tilt to get my torso lower/forward.
-Surprised at how long it takes to make progress generally even though I do a lot of additional time for most of the movements. I don't see this as a negative. I saw Coach Sommer say once that you can't think of this in terms of days or even months. He said think of it in terms of year scale and that's what I've been doing. I just make one commitment, to show up every day and do the simple tasks and that's what I've done and seen great progress.
I have a video of the first day and today progress but not sure how to post it. If I can do that I will.
Really enjoying the program so far, even though I've only done two of the segments in six months, really looking forward to continuing making progress and seeing where I'm at in five years.