Has anyone ever tried it?
If you've never heard of it, it's where you have cargo straps (what people at home usually hang their rings on) tied to two anchors. It creates a springy tightrope. It's different from tightropes, obviously, because it gives when you touch it, and because the rope is flat. It's harder to roll off on a flat surface compared to normal ropes. Because of a slackline's give, it is very unstable. One of the most interesting things about slacklines is that they bounce like a trampoline. When I say bounce, I mean that they ARE basically really thin trampolines. The guy in the second example video with a white-ish afro attempts a double backflip- they are that springy.
I decided earlier today that I should get into it. I do parkour occasionally, and I'm not that good at walking on rails. I figured slacklining would be fun and it would help my balance. I don't have much interest in learning flips on them, but I do need a major balance upgrade. I took down my rings because I can't use them, so I might as well use one of the straps and have a go at slacklining. I didn't try for too long because bugs were bothering me, but I find that I suck. Walking on rails is nothing compared to slacklining. I can't even stand for more than a second without assistance. I think the funniest part is that I can do an elbow lever, but not stand. The only other things I've tried are sitting down and laying down. They aren't bad at all, but standing is just too hard right now.
I just realized that in the last two paragraphs, almost every sentence has "I" in it. Geez.
So anyways, if you don't know what it is, here are some examples:
In this one, some gymnasts (who you might recognize) attempt to do some slacklining in the beginning.
Here, I'm guessing, is the olympics of slacklining. (watch near the end of the credits for more)