This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Leg Placement for 1/2 Windshield Wipers & Negative Hanging Leg Lift

Started by Leigh Cambre, May 26, 2021 · 3 Replies · 58 Views

Leigh Cambre

I'm stuck on similar places on two tracks because they both require the same muscle I'm lacking strength in. One is the 1/2 windshield wiper and the other is the negative hanging leg lift.

Here is the video:

I went back a step on both progressions and mastered both easily. I seem to need an intermediary step to increase whatever core strength I need in order to hold up my (LONG 6'3") legs parallel. In the case of the negative hanging leg lift, which I did not demonstrate (because I can't even begin to do it...), my legs fall VERY quick because, again, I lack whatever strength is necessary to hold them in place at parallel or above.

Questions:

  • How can I build the strength of whatever muscle is required so that I can hold my legs at parallel (and higher for the negative hanging leg lift)?
  • Is the bar placement for the shoulder causing any issue? Or is it appropriate?
Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Leigh Cambre said:

I'm stuck on similar places on two tracks because they both require the same muscle I'm lacking strength in. One is the 1/2 windshield wiper and the other is the negative hanging leg lift.

Here is the video:

I went back a step on both progressions and mastered both easily. I seem to need an intermediary step to increase whatever core strength I need in order to hold up my (LONG 6'3") legs parallel. In the case of the negative hanging leg lift, which I did not demonstrate (because I can't even begin to do it...), my legs fall VERY quick because, again, I lack whatever strength is necessary to hold them in place at parallel or above.

Questions:

  • How can I build the strength of whatever muscle is required so that I can hold my legs at parallel (and higher for the negative hanging leg lift)?
  • Is the bar placement for the shoulder causing any issue? Or is it appropriate?

Hey Leigh , can you show please your seated pike and front split level?

Leigh Cambre

They are not very good. It is one area "I've always wanted to improve".

Excuse my cat. I think you get the point.

(Hmm...they appear upside down on here! I do not know why!!)

IMG_5595.JPG

IMG_5608.JPG

IMG_5616.JPG

IMG_5622.JPG

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Leigh Cambre said:

They are not very good. It is one area "I've always wanted to improve".

Excuse my cat. I think you get the point.

(Hmm...they appear upside down on here! I do not know why!!)

IMG_5595.JPG

IMG_5608.JPG

IMG_5616.JPG

IMG_5622.JPG

well, the main problem to the difficulty of hilding the legs parallel to the ground is related to limited mobility of the posterior chain.