Hello!
I would like a formcheck on these please.
This is the last set of 5x5r and it feels very easy.
cheers!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Nils Westfelt, May 24, 2021 · 3 Replies · 41 Views
Hello!
I would like a formcheck on these please.
This is the last set of 5x5r and it feels very easy.
cheers!
I recommend sliding your hands closer together so that they are directly over your shoulders. Doing so will help you to isolate the correct core muscles you should be using on this exercise. That being said, can you also post a side view for us?
Sure! Here’s Sideview. The reason I have the hands further apart is that if I put them closer together it puts so much pressure on my shoulders since the top bar is in line with the rest of the bars further down as you can see in the Sideview. Could I do these on a regular pull up bar instead? Or is that a nono? Anyways, strength wise for me these feels very easy to me and I can rep out a lot more than mastery without a problem.
@Jeffrey Bittner
16 hours ago, Nils Westfelt said:Sure! Here’s Sideview. The reason I have the hands further apart is that if I put them closer together it puts so much pressure on my shoulders since the top bar is in line with the rest of the bars further down as you can see in the Sideview. Could I do these on a regular pull up bar instead? Or is that a nono? Anyways, strength wise for me these feels very easy to me and I can rep out a lot more than mastery without a problem.
@Jeffrey Bittner
Hey Nils, very nice. well, the normal pullup can be used for this early progression but in the long terms, the stall bar is perfect in order to avoid excessive leaning movement on the back by the shoulders.