This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

During hollow body rock, should shoulder blades touch the ground ever?

Started by Clay O'Neil, May 21, 2021 · 1 Replies · 117 Views

Clay O'Neil

While at the apex of rocking backward, what should be the stopping point?

 

Another slightly related question, when I flex my glutes during a hollow body hold, my hips/legs externally rotate. I think this is an anatomical consequence for me and some other people. I have the ability to prevent it, though. Should I allow it to happen or keep my hips neutral and not externally rotated?

 

Thank you in advance.

Alessandro Mainente
On 5/21/2021 at 4:56 PM, Clay O'Neil said:

While at the apex of rocking backward, what should be the stopping point?

 

Another slightly related question, when I flex my glutes during a hollow body hold, my hips/legs externally rotate. I think this is an anatomical consequence for me and some other people. I have the ability to prevent it, though. Should I allow it to happen or keep my hips neutral and not externally rotated?

 

Thank you in advance.

Hi Clay, when you rock on the upper back you can touch the floor with scapulae....for the rest squeeze the glutes but stop at the point where the upper leg stays neutral...you should think about pushing the heels down...nothing more.