This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE12

Started by Awais Muzaffar, May 15, 2021 · 14 Replies · 164 Views

Awais Muzaffar

Hi coaches,

Really need a form check on this one: this was my third, so set there was a little bit of tiredness at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHr-tS4Tabc

The challenge here is that the l-sit position pushes the torse back and you want to aim to pull the body through the hands.

Thanks!

Awais

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hi coaches,

Really need a form check on this one: this was my third, so set there was a little bit of tiredness at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHr-tS4Tabc

The challenge here is that the l-sit position pushes the torse back and you want to aim to pull the body through the hands.

Thanks!

Awais

Hey Awais, maybe it is a personal impression but are you relaxing at the shoulders in between reps?

Awais Muzaffar

Hi Alessandro,

Yeah I am. I learned about letting the shoulders relax from the earlier l-sit chin-up progression and it is on my mind constantly.

I think I know why you are getting that impression; What I can do is to make sure I pause for a moment.

Thanks,

Awais

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hi Alessandro,

Yeah I am. I learned about letting the shoulders relax from the earlier l-sit chin-up progression and it is on my mind constantly.

I think I know why you are getting that impression; What I can do is to make sure I pause for a moment.

Thanks,

Awais

Ok, in this case we can check the posterior view...

Awais Muzaffar

Sure, here is a back view; This is the fifth set and 4 reps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upEEIFVMspg

To me personally I get the same feeling on each bottom rep as if I am in a dead hang; It feels very tough and I couldn't get past 4 reps on the later sets.

PS: I think I set the rings too close here, usually I keep them wider.

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Sure, here is a back view; This is the fifth set and 4 reps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upEEIFVMspg

To me personally I get the same feeling on each bottom rep as if I am in a dead hang; It feels very tough and I couldn't get past 4 reps on the later sets.

PS: I think I set the rings too close here, usually I keep them wider.

Well if you stop at 4'' you can notice that you move to the left. this happens because the left scapulae is not depressed. my suggestion is to do only one rep for now and focus on symmetrical work until good habits are estabilished.

Awais Muzaffar

Thanks Alessandro; These sorts of feedback are so valuable. I’ll do as advised.

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey! So I scaled down reps and built them to 5x5 again. This is set number 5. What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7BA8dNCE4U

The problem still persists....you should focus on one single slow rep OR using a half lever position so that you can control the shoulders. Using a mirror for a real-time correction is imperative.

Awais Muzaffar

Ok looking closely I see it. It seems to be more obvious when I get tired.

I don’t know why there is less left scapula depression.

When I used to do kettlebell presses or windmills my left scapula always felt different. Can it be a imbalance naturally?

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Ok looking closely I see it. It seems to be more obvious when I get tired.

I don’t know why there is less left scapula depression.

When I used to do kettlebell presses or windmills my left scapula always felt different. Can it be a imbalance naturally?

Yes, but if you have a bone (structural) issue it cannot be corrected BUT if your nornmal pullup are fine  it is a problem of intensity. asymmetrical work of opposite sides come out with higher intensity or speed work and sometime you nee dto fix it periodically.

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Okay so here is first set, and only 2 reps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcL3gTaxsek

I feel like the issue is always there. It never feels 100% resolved even in half-lay position.

And here is a bar pullup for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhCCz8ij_u4

Thank you!

Nice control on the L version.....i suggest something like 6-8 sets of 1, 2-3 times a week for a couple of weeks...the try for double.

Awais Muzaffar

Thanks Alessendaro that's an interesting strategy. I will follow as advised.