Rebuilding abdominals after C Section

Started by Bronwyn Higgins, May 13, 2021 · 4 Replies · 2,527 Views

Bronwyn Higgins

I am recovering from a C-section 6 weeks ago and have been cleared to start exercising again by my doc. I want to rebuild lost strength gradually, and intelligently.

Is there a scale for tuck ups? Possibly 1 leg at a time? Or hollow upper body only? I CAN do a short tuck hold, but not yet able to pull both legs up and hollow chest simultaneously.

thank you!

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Bronwyn Higgins said:

I am recovering from a C-section 6 weeks ago and have been cleared to start exercising again by my doc. I want to rebuild lost strength gradually, and intelligently.

Is there a scale for tuck ups? Possibly 1 leg at a time? Or hollow upper body only? I CAN do a short tuck hold, but not yet able to pull both legs up and hollow chest simultaneously.

thank you!

Hey Bronwyn, probably we need a further step backwar. Beginning from the seated top position of the tuck-up but with the feet on the floor, i would begin with slow eccentric. they are wonderful to increase tissue strength.

Bronwyn Higgins

Thank you Alessandro. So just slide my feet along the floor to full extension while maintaining hollow chest if possible?

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Bronwyn Higgins said:

Thank you Alessandro. So just slide my feet along the floor to full extension while maintaining hollow chest if possible?

At the top try to open your chest then as you move lower the lower back should touch first and you can assume a bit of hollowed position.

Bronwyn Higgins

Thank you Alessandro. I can’t yet lift my upper body beyond my shoulders! See video. Do you think this is alright to progress from first? 
 

https://youtu.be/Kj9BMqeuTm0