This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE1 Mastery

Started by Axel Alonso, May 6, 2021 · 7 Replies · 63 Views

Axel Alonso

Hello !

Could you please let me know if the form is worth a mastery ? 

Regarding the IM, I am not sure I am achieving the proper position. I am actually tryting to keep an elevated scap and pulling the bar behind withouth "slipping" into scap retraction. Of course, any correction is very welcome !

 

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Axel Alonso said:

Hello !

Could you please let me know if the form is worth a mastery ? 

Regarding the IM, I am not sure I am achieving the proper position. I am actually tryting to keep an elevated scap and pulling the bar behind withouth "slipping" into scap retraction. Of course, any correction is very welcome !

 

Hi Axel, this video tells me a bit more about the shoulder flexion in the seated position. Well actually as you lean forward you tend to retract the shoulder blades promoting internal rotation of the upper arm, this is also visible by the torque of the forearm and grip positioning compared to the wrists. Now the internal rotation is not wrong at all until there is a sport that uses it. in fact, lu xiaojun during the clean and jerk uses hit but he is a weight lifter, not a gymnast. in our case, we are searching only for shoulder flexion so no additional retraction is necessary. if you are in doubt try to externally rotate the upper arm.

Axel Alonso

I thank your for the detailed explanation. Indeed my right shoulder tends to "feel weirs/unstable" and it shows on the video as you mentioned. I felt internally rotating it would somehow help me to activate it, but apparently it doesn't.

I have kept working on it since, here is a video from that week with 4 different angles, if you don't mind to tell me if it's better :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcue7ARHizk

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Axel Alonso said:

I thank your for the detailed explanation. Indeed my right shoulder tends to "feel weirs/unstable" and it shows on the video as you mentioned. I felt internally rotating it would somehow help me to activate it, but apparently it doesn't.

I have kept working on it since, here is a video from that week with 4 different angles, if you don't mind to tell me if it's better :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcue7ARHizk

Hey Axel, also this one is listed as "private".

Axel Alonso

I have corrected my mistake if you would like to check it ;)

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Axel Alonso said:

I have corrected my mistake if you would like to check it ;)

Hey Alex, this shoulder flexion is so damn good! for the tripod notice that sometimes you have your left hand closer to the head...try to be symmetric!

Axel Alonso

Oh great thanks !! I am glad I have then corrected what felt like a big weakness (the shoulder flexion).

Many thanks for your feedback, I will keep those as a warm up, pay attention to be symmetric and move forward in the program.

Alessandro Mainente
51 minutes ago, Axel Alonso said:

Oh great thanks !! I am glad I have then corrected what felt like a big weakness (the shoulder flexion).

Many thanks for your feedback, I will keep those as a warm up, pay attention to be symmetric and move forward in the program.

You're welcome.