Hello good people and great coaches,
Could you please let me know if I can consider this form "Mastery" ?
Many thanks !
Axel
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Axel Alonso, May 4, 2021 · 2 Replies · 22 Views
Hello good people and great coaches,
Could you please let me know if I can consider this form "Mastery" ?
Many thanks !
Axel
18 hours ago, Axel Alonso said:Hello good people and great coaches,
Could you please let me know if I can consider this form "Mastery" ?
Many thanks !
Axel
Hi Alex, generally speaking, is ok. noe rather than focusing only on the reps, try to focus on the correct muscle activation...moving back into the starting position should be done with the wrists extensor...did you feel them?
Hello Alessandro I thank you for the feedback. Interesting point ! I do feel them on most drills on the eccentrics, but not that much on the way back.
- The wrist push up is a great example of that, I do my best to keep straight arms so the eccentrics is a lot of extensors work, but then I lose the tension somehow.
- On the first knuckle push ups yes I manage to feel a strong elongation which makes it a harder one than it looks.
- The third one is tricky and I don't really feel any wrist muscles working, mainly sharing the load between shoulders and triceps
- Regarding the fingertips, I struggle to keep my fingers together and the whole movement is still tough.
Overall, I feel I would better stay at that level progression and keep working all of them "by feel" as you have stated.