This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

(stPL) PE1 Mastery Trial

Started by Axel Alonso, May 4, 2021 · 4 Replies · 39 Views

Axel Alonso

Hello good people and great coaches,

Could you please let me know if I can consider this form  "Mastery" ?

Many thanks !

Axel

 

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Axel Alonso said:

Hello good people and great coaches,

Could you please let me know if I can consider this form  "Mastery" ?

Many thanks !

Axel

 

Hi ALex, while the PE seems ok, on the IM you should try to reach the floor inside without leaving the floor with the corresponding hip.

Axel Alonso

Thank you !

Yes the whole progression still feels a bit shaky and requires more work. 

My core gets smashed on the PE and my right shoulder is somewhat unstable, while the arms want to flex so bad throughout. But is the protraction enough to GST standards ?

The IM is a problem indeed but I have read it's quite common so I will keep practicing. Would you recommend shortening the ROM to prioritize the hip staying on the floor ?

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Axel Alonso said:

Thank you !

Yes the whole progression still feels a bit shaky and requires more work. 

My core gets smashed on the PE and my right shoulder is somewhat unstable, while the arms want to flex so bad throughout. But is the protraction enough to GST standards ?

The IM is a problem indeed but I have read it's quite common so I will keep practicing. Would you recommend shortening the ROM to prioritize the hip staying on the floor ?

Hey Axel, yes protraction is ok. rounding the upper back is a natural consequence of protraction. if you see enormous protraction is when protraction has lead to kyphosis which has nothing to do with protraction itself.

For the IM it will take the best suggestion is to practice it more often also while staying with your bar to the wall and helping the knee to move inside.

Axel Alonso

Your advice are sound. 

However I have been practicing as you mentioned but the hips just do not seem to move. Would you advice any additional work/stretches to help fix my hips, maybe from the Restore Series, or any glutes stretch. I can definitely feel something is weird in my (right) hips.

Also my PPT is awful so I am thinking to start a new cycle with knees on floor for the PE to focus on that core engagement + maximizing protraction. Do you think it is worth it regarding to my execution ?