This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

(HBP) PE1 Mastery Trial

Started by Axel Alonso, May 4, 2021 · 5 Replies · 38 Views

Axel Alonso

Hello good people and great coaches,

Could you please let me know if I can consider this form  "Mastery" ?

Many thanks !

Axel

 

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Axel Alonso said:

Hello good people and great coaches,

Could you please let me know if I can consider this form  "Mastery" ?

Many thanks !

Axel

 

Hi Alex, on the PE the movement is generally ok, but i have the sensation of muscles lack of tension in the bottom especially in the abs. Focus on holding them ALSO during the bottom position.

Axel Alonso

You are absolutely right. My core is weak and it's a struggle to keep a PPT with open hips.

I will work on focusing also on the bottom part of the movement and not just thinking about locking the arms at the top.

Thank you Alessandro !

Axel Alonso

Your tips have been really helpful I feel much more stable now. 

Here is my Mastery sets, however I still feel it's challenging ! Floor Push ups are still out of reach for the high volume required on PE2.

Do you think I should : stay with that PE1 longer until I find them easy ? Start a new cycle with knees elevated (and not hips elevated) push up to bridge the gap of difficulty ? Or plainly try a cycle of PE2 Floor Push ups and see what happens ?

Thanks for the guidance I am quite lost for this one !

 

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Axel Alonso said:

Your tips have been really helpful I feel much more stable now. 

Here is my Mastery sets, however I still feel it's challenging ! Floor Push ups are still out of reach for the high volume required on PE2.

Do you think I should : stay with that PE1 longer until I find them easy ? Start a new cycle with knees elevated (and not hips elevated) push up to bridge the gap of difficulty ? Or plainly try a cycle of PE2 Floor Push ups and see what happens ?

Thanks for the guidance I am quite lost for this one !

 

THe form is solid...shoulders always depressed...you can consider trying on the floor!!!

Axel Alonso

Oh great ! I am definitely going to invest some time on the floor version hahaha but the IM shoulder mobility of this one is seducing so it's fun to try it out !