This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

(SLS) Mastery Trial

Started by Axel Alonso, May 4, 2021 · 7 Replies · 67 Views

Axel Alonso

Hello good people and great coaches,

Could you please let me know if I can consider this form  "Mastery" ? 

Many thanks !

Axel

 

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Axel Alonso said:

Hello good people and great coaches,

Could you please let me know if I can consider this form  "Mastery" ? 

Many thanks !

Axel

 

Hi Alex, from the side you can reach a bit lower so that you can reach the parallel. can you post some reps for the front view?

Axel Alonso

Ok fine, I will record it on my next session !

Would you consider the ROM enough on the IM ?

Funny thing is I was so focus on the IM that I cut short the ROM oh the PE haha thanks for noticing I am correcting it next workout.

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Axel Alonso said:

Ok fine, I will record it on my next session !

Would you consider the ROM enough on the IM ?

Funny thing is I was so focus on the IM that I cut short the ROM oh the PE haha thanks for noticing I am correcting it next workout.

Yes because if you are not flexing at the hips then more than 45-60° is enough.

Axel Alonso

Here is my attempt with various attempts for you to knidly check :

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Axel Alonso said:

Here is my attempt with various attempts for you to knidly check :

 

 

Hey Axel, probably i would look for more hips abduction...so trying to improve a bit the IM. how is your side split?

Axel Alonso

As you have noticed, my hips are overall  weak and frozen.

The Side Split is average I would say, I am not sure what to engage, what to relax,... but the Pancake is awful : I can not sit on the floor with straddle legs while keeping a flat back. It is by far my worst position from the GST Stretch Series (the 3 of them)

However I think I am purposely making this IM much harder to myself by tensing my glutes a lot; I can have a much greater ROM on that drill. 

By the way am I supposed to APT on this one just like the Middle Split series exercices ?

 

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Axel Alonso said:

As you have noticed, my hips are overall  weak and frozen.

The Side Split is average I would say, I am not sure what to engage, what to relax,... but the Pancake is awful : I can not sit on the floor with straddle legs while keeping a flat back. It is by far my worst position from the GST Stretch Series (the 3 of them)

However I think I am purposely making this IM much harder to myself by tensing my glutes a lot; I can have a much greater ROM on that drill. 

By the way am I supposed to APT on this one just like the Middle Split series exercices ?

 

Only a bit....when you move past the 45°-60° of abduction.