This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

(MN) PE1 Mastery Trial

Started by Axel Alonso, May 4, 2021 · 5 Replies · 54 Views

Axel Alonso

Hello good people and great coaches,

Could you please let me know if I can consider this form  "Mastery" ?

Many thanks !

Axel

Many thanks !

Axel

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Axel Alonso said:

Hello good people and great coaches,

Could you please let me know if I can consider this form  "Mastery" ?

Many thanks !

Axel

Many thanks !

Axel

Hey Axel,

we can find 2 points that could be fixed:

1. in the PE (tuck up) you tend to begin early with the lower limbs. do the opposite, movement begins first with the arms and upper spine...then lower limbs.

2. in the windmill we must increase range of motion probably...with a side view i can a bit more.

Axel Alonso

Thank you Alessandro for your (overall) accurate feedbacks.

1) I am indeed intentionnally treating the exercice as a simplified HLR so yes I am engaging the movement with lower limbs on purpose : thanks for correcting that.

2) The video sucks sorry about that we can not see the whole body. I will do it again. Could you please let me know if the scap must elevate then retract ? Or else ? I do not know what I am trying to achieve here with the scaps to be honest :)

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Axel Alonso said:

Thank you Alessandro for your (overall) accurate feedbacks.

1) I am indeed intentionnally treating the exercice as a simplified HLR so yes I am engaging the movement with lower limbs on purpose : thanks for correcting that.

2) The video sucks sorry about that we can not see the whole body. I will do it again. Could you please let me know if the scap must elevate then retract ? Or else ? I do not know what I am trying to achieve here with the scaps to be honest :)

Well, if we talk about the tuck up..you need to stay vertical with the upper body..i mean open your chest, this refers to extending a bit of the spine...so focus on that.

Axel Alonso

I have focus on your cues for the Tuck Up, it is still fairly challenging though as you can see on the last set.

Also for the IM are we supposed to hinge at the hip with an APT or rounding like a JC so more of a PPT ?

Would you call that form Mastery ? 

I am in no rush and do not mind staying on that one longer ;)

Thank you for your help !

 

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Axel Alonso said:

I have focus on your cues for the Tuck Up, it is still fairly challenging though as you can see on the last set.

Also for the IM are we supposed to hinge at the hip with an APT or rounding like a JC so more of a PPT ?

Would you call that form Mastery ? 

I am in no rush and do not mind staying on that one longer ;)

Thank you for your help !

 

Hey Axel, not necessary for now to have an APT, for sure reaching in between and a bit behind is better before progressing...maybe 10 cm beyond the line that links the heels.