This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

(SL) PE1 Mastery Trial

Started by Axel Alonso, May 4, 2021 · 5 Replies · 40 Views

Axel Alonso

Hello good people and great coaches,

Could you please let me know if I can consider this form  "Mastery" ?

Many thanks !

Axel

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Axel Alonso said:

Hello good people and great coaches,

Could you please let me know if I can consider this form  "Mastery" ?

Many thanks !

Axel

Hi Axel, well the Russian twist is by far one of the best i have seen up to now. on the circles..try to hold the knees looked if possible. probably with a bit more tilt on the side you can avoid bending at the knees.

Axel Alonso

I appreciate the sweet comment because I took quite some time to refine form on the Russian twists, paying attention to (increasingly) more and more subtle details.

The IM indeed shows my weaknesses on hips - I suspect a bad Internal rotation pattern that prevents me from doing that move with straight knees and feet together. I will do my best to keep them locked, reduce ROM if necessary and build from it.

Your tips on all the form checks videos I have submitted are greatly appreciated and I will make sure to apply all of them.

Thank you for all your replies ;)

Axel Alonso

I have since been trying to improve everything.

The ROM of the PE might be a bit smaller but I am actively maintaining a PPT while focusing on thoracic extension : that is a hard one ! 

My knees on the IM are probably getting more locked than before now .

I Feel ready to move to PE2 can you confirm ?

 

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Axel Alonso said:

I have since been trying to improve everything.

The ROM of the PE might be a bit smaller but I am actively maintaining a PPT while focusing on thoracic extension : that is a hard one ! 

My knees on the IM are probably getting more locked than before now .

I Feel ready to move to PE2 can you confirm ?

 

Hey Axel, probably you should increase the range of motion trying to reach the floor...having the upper body a little bit more inclined can be useful.

Axel Alonso

All right ! If I am allowing myself to incline the torso a bit more, that should not be a problem to have a larger movement. 

I will try it out thank you :)