This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Splitting up workout sessions further...

Started by Awais Muzaffar, May 3, 2021 · 2 Replies · 80 Views

Awais Muzaffar

Hi coaches,

I really need some recommended advice here; Let me explain:

If I take the upper body workout - I am on near end of foundation 2 for RC, HBP, and sPL.

Let's pick HBP; I am doing a set of push-up, p-bar dip, straight, bar dips (both overhand, underhand) with the PE too and then 5x5 of current progression of korean dips... now when I combine RC and sPL with the same structure my workout lasted me more 2+ hours this session, when I reach foundaition 3 this will become longer.

My question is if there a recommended way to split this up?

For example, session one is: sPL & RC and then session two is: sPL & HBP etc...

Thanks,

Awais

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hi coaches,

I really need some recommended advice here; Let me explain:

If I take the upper body workout - I am on near end of foundation 2 for RC, HBP, and sPL.

Let's pick HBP; I am doing a set of push-up, p-bar dip, straight, bar dips (both overhand, underhand) with the PE too and then 5x5 of current progression of korean dips... now when I combine RC and sPL with the same structure my workout lasted me more 2+ hours this session, when I reach foundaition 3 this will become longer.

My question is if there a recommended way to split this up?

For example, session one is: sPL & RC and then session two is: sPL & HBP etc...

Thanks,

Awais

Well the mastering schema is most 5x5 so it will not take long...

Gary Yngve

You don't need to repeat the cumulative mastered exercises each workout, just the current progression.  The prior ones are excellent warmups and further conditioning/mobility, but it is your choice which ones to do and how many.