This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Seal stretch - straigt arms or hips down?

Started by Benedikt Schwanke, May 2, 2021 · 3 Replies · 75 Views

Benedikt Schwanke

Hi there,

when I am performing the seal stretch, I know that my hips should be touching the ground and at the same time my ellbows should be locked.

I just can't do both at the same time.

I can either have my ellbows locked or my hips touching the ground.

1) Should I have my hips on the ground  and work step by step my arms into a straigt position? (photo 1)

2) or should I start with locked ellbows and moving then my hips down step by step with bend knees? (photo 2)

3) or should I start with locked ellbows and moving then my hips down step by step with straight knees? (photo 3)

Thanks in advance for your response!!

Benedikt

 

1_seal-stretch.JPG

2_seal-stretch.JPG

3_seal-stretch.JPG

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Benedikt Schwanke said:

Hi there,

when I am performing the seal stretch, I know that my hips should be touching the ground and at the same time my ellbows should be locked.

I just can't do both at the same time.

I can either have my ellbows locked or my hips touching the ground.

1) Should I have my hips on the ground  and work step by step my arms into a straigt position? (photo 1)

2) or should I start with locked ellbows and moving then my hips down step by step with bend knees? (photo 2)

3) or should I start with locked ellbows and moving then my hips down step by step with straight knees? (photo 3)

Thanks in advance for your response!!

Benedikt

 

1_seal-stretch.JPG

2_seal-stretch.JPG

3_seal-stretch.JPG

Hey Benedikts, it depends on how strong is the sensation on your spine during the full elbow extension. Generally speaking, i notice a generous anterior pelvic tilt in your case and i suggest doing a quad stretch from the front split course often (or the restore quads).

Benedikt Schwanke

Hi Alessandro, thanks for the quick response! Actually I have the same feeling and I was wondering why the sequence in the front split course that focuses the quads is so short. Well, I'm going for it :) It's great to have this kind of form-check. Thanks for your time.

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Benedikt Schwanke said:

Hi Alessandro, thanks for the quick response! Actually I have the same feeling and I was wondering why the sequence in the front split course that focuses the quads is so short. Well, I'm going for it :) It's great to have this kind of form-check. Thanks for your time.

You're welcome!!!!