This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/SE3

Started by Awais Muzaffar, May 2, 2021 · 23 Replies · 211 Views

Awais Muzaffar

Hi coaches,

I will start with my iM. So the good thing is my hips have started opening up in the bent-arm planche progressions.

Here is my iM attempt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb9zoQye83o

Notes:

- I should hae kept pointed my toes pointed.

- Maybe I am rushing the reps a bit and need to lock out the legs more.

- This feels so much more intense!

Alessandro Mainente
18 minutes ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hi coaches,

I will start with my iM. So the good thing is my hips have started opening up in the bent-arm planche progressions.

Here is my iM attempt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb9zoQye83o

Notes:

- I should hae kept pointed my toes pointed.

- Maybe I am rushing the reps a bit and need to lock out the legs more.

- This feels so much more intense!

Hey Awais, well the last rep is the best one!!

Awais Muzaffar

Oh cool! Can I ask what things made the last rep the best?

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Oh cool! Can I ask what things made the last rep the best?

Because it is the one where knees do not move. This means that the hip extension was held all the time. the main focus is hips extension first, if not, the planche development will lead to hips bent variation and for example straddle planche with low feet.

Awais Muzaffar

Oh interesting. Thanks fot the details.

Awais Muzaffar

Hey coaches,

Firstly I love the new interface :)

Ok so now the strength element:

After many failed attempts I got this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWJ3NPTM_Pg and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFi9vCRC6rk

This feels hard! In the previous element, my knees could rest on my arms; Without support there is a challenge to keep the hips high and my knees want to go through my arms, so the body wants to form a Z shape - I am trying my best to resist that.

Thanks,

Awais

Jeffrey Bittner

It looks like you're doing a good job. As you hold, try to keep your knees together and to your chest while pulling your feet in closer to your glutes.

Awais Muzaffar

Cool, thanks for the tips Jeffrey!

Awais Muzaffar

It's the iM again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2QF9TqPUqs

I was trying so hard to keep the knees in place. You can see struggle!

PS: I've noticed so many times now; when I extend the legs, my hips open up, when I bend the knees (half lay) the hips close up.

Awais

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

It's the iM again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2QF9TqPUqs

I was trying so hard to keep the knees in place. You can see struggle!

PS: I've noticed so many times now; when I extend the legs, my hips open up, when I bend the knees (half lay) the hips close up.

Awais

Consider that if you straddle more than 90° then hips should flex a bit, is physiological. I also notice that you tend to extend your knees partially, in the long term this can lean to bent knees straddle planche. My suggestion is to use an elastic band so that you can take off a bit of intensity and perform the correct locked-out knees form...

Awais Muzaffar

Cool thanks. You are right I may need to reduce intensity lock out knees properly.

Alessandro Mainente
On 8/14/2021 at 1:40 PM, Awais Muzaffar said:

Okay, so taking the lessons from the SE2 IM, this is my current form on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_JD6VUMm7k

Thanks as always,

Personally, i would focus on less rep and more on quality. I mean hips and shoulders and heels at the same height in the bottom position.

Awais Muzaffar

Hey coaches, regarding the tuck planche, I'm really struggling to keep hips at shoulder height: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjL3NO2Brbc

Perhaps my entry is not ideal, perhaps I need to lean more forward, I'm really unsure.

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
On 8/28/2021 at 12:09 PM, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey coaches, regarding the tuck planche, I'm really struggling to keep hips at shoulder height: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjL3NO2Brbc

Perhaps my entry is not ideal, perhaps I need to lean more forward, I'm really unsure.

Thanks!

Hey Awais, this can be a common technical mistake: in fact the correct execution should be:

- lean until you can feel the feet becoming lighter;

you made the opposite:

- i do not lean enough so i left the floor with the toes, but if you do not have enough lean to counterbalance the center of gravity there is no way to hold the hips at shoulders level.

Awais Muzaffar

Ah thanks Alessandro. That explanation is really helpful. 

Awais Muzaffar

Okay so I created some more lean and got more height in my hips: 

set 1

set 2

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Okay so I created some more lean and got more height in my hips: 

set 1

set 2

Thanks!

....and magically....well done.

perform only 2-3''  for now until you can maximize the protraction.

Awais Muzaffar

Oh great! Will do as advised, Thanks :)

Awais Muzaffar

Right so back to the iM, I was testing out a full straddle bent arm planche and trying to make it more horizontal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9P6iCZPg94

Not perfect, but in the second picture you can see better lean and more horizontal (but still not 100% parallel) 

image.png.b25eb2a5ff1cdc1801a96f7a372b9c78.png

One thing is for sure; Following GB guidance ensures really good quality form! I was surprised at so many bad examples of bent arm planche on social media.

 

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Right so back to the iM, I was testing out a full straddle bent arm planche and trying to make it more horizontal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9P6iCZPg94

Not perfect, but in the second picture you can see better lean and more horizontal (but still not 100% parallel) 

image.png.b25eb2a5ff1cdc1801a96f7a372b9c78.png

One thing is for sure; Following GB guidance ensures really good quality form! I was surprised at so many bad examples of bent arm planche on social media.

 

;) i think that following GB idea and method i've completely changed my approach to coaching. I would say....teach gymnastics...teach Olimpic weightlifting and quality will never be your problem.

Jeffrey Bittner

Solid improvement, nice work!

Awais Muzaffar

Good to hear Jeffrey! Now need to build up to full 30 seconds...

Thanks!