This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Extended warmup question

Started by Andy Harley, April 28, 2021 · 1 Replies · 87 Views

Andy Harley

Hello,

The program selector placed me under Foundation Two. I looked through the program schedule and found the wrist push up variant (in the extended warmup) to be challenging.

Is this indicative of the program selector placing me too high? I can do over 25 regular push ups with what I'd consider good form (elbows don't flare out, chest touches floor and full extension at the top).

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
On 4/29/2021 at 12:51 AM, Andy Harley said:

Hello,

The program selector placed me under Foundation Two. I looked through the program schedule and found the wrist push up variant (in the extended warmup) to be challenging.

Is this indicative of the program selector placing me too high? I can do over 25 regular push ups with what I'd consider good form (elbows don't flare out, chest touches floor and full extension at the top).

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks!

Hi Andy, the automatic selector is a starting point BUT it cannot check the quality of the work. Another problem is the autonomous evaluation.

I can make an example: up to now is about 10 years from my first GB seminar, well, after coaching gymnasts and fitness enthusiasts i have reached the point that usually the fitness enthusiast (like me in the 2008-2011) has an overestimation of himself. IN the years I have reached client who supposes to have a good handstand or good dips, or pullup. not even close to correct/decent form. My suggestion now is to post some videos of your executions basing on an automatic level selector and if necessary moderators will ask you to step back or revisit some elements.