This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE9

Started by Awais Muzaffar, April 21, 2021 · 7 Replies · 65 Views

Awais Muzaffar

Hi coaches,

I am stuck. Here is my attempt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ycHq4ZmOwE

When I arch back, my back wants to curl around the bar and I feel like I am in strong APT.

At this point I am stuck and can't push back up.

Maybe the height of the bar is an issue because I also need to bend my knees; Maybe I have a strength defecit too.

Thanks as always.

Awais

 

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hi coaches,

I am stuck. Here is my attempt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ycHq4ZmOwE

When I arch back, my back wants to curl around the bar and I feel like I am in strong APT.

At this point I am stuck and can't push back up.

Maybe the height of the bar is an issue because I also need to bend my knees; Maybe I have a strength defecit too.

Thanks as always.

Awais

 

Hey Awais, the problem is more logistic than technical, Korean dips have an aswing component that helps to pass the point where the upper back normally hits the bar....but i do not suggest you use the swing on these bars...

Awais Muzaffar

Yes! I actually fell flat on my face when I tried to swing hard on my first attempt!

Hmm - so then it looks like I need to get access to a higher bar... and more fixed so I can swing a bit.
 

Awais Muzaffar

Ok so I've found a park where the bars are fixed and at a perfect height!

Here is a failed attempt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqNwa1hnO4A

From 0:06 seconds you can see that I did kind of push up for a moment but failed to complete it.

 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Ok so I've found a park where the bars are fixed and at a perfect height!

Here is a failed attempt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqNwa1hnO4A

From 0:06 seconds you can see that I did kind of push up for a moment but failed to complete it.

 

THE common issue of this exercise is trying to push vertically too early. you need to use the return of the swing (as you approach the bottom part) to push yourself first forward so the butt moves in front of the bar then vertical so that you can reach the top of the bar. is a technical problem.

Awais Muzaffar

Thanks for your help :) I can do the movement now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyWKDU6o4k8

The next step will be to clean up the form as per your suggestions... and I guess I will need to verify a front-view, incase of imbalances.

I must say it's a cool looking excerise and I really like the focus of working the body from every angle.

Thanks,

Awais

Jeffrey Bittner

Good job waiting for the swing before pushing back up. Remember to keep your feet together during your dip. You will find that maintaining a tight body shape also helps with balance.

Awais Muzaffar

Thanks Jeffrey! Advice taken... I must remember to keep those legs and feet together... I have a habit of letting them them sway around!