This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mobility weights

Started by Harley Smith, April 21, 2021 · 1 Replies · 126 Views

Harley Smith

Hello 

This has already been covered but couldn't find what I was looking, what size weights should I begin with in movements such as weighted dislocates, russian twists stiff legged windmills and jefferson curls etc? Do I keep the weights the same for the entire cycle? Jeffersons and weighted dislocates are common in the HS and mn, which weight should one start with, how long untill one adds more  weight and how much weight should one add?

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Harley Smith said:

Hello 

This has already been covered but couldn't find what I was looking, what size weights should I begin with in movements such as weighted dislocates, russian twists stiff legged windmills and jefferson curls etc? Do I keep the weights the same for the entire cycle? Jeffersons and weighted dislocates are common in the HS and mn, which weight should one start with, how long untill one adds more  weight and how much weight should one add?

Thanks

Hey Harley the common guideline is not doing them unweighted. For th HS work the suggestion is beginning with 1 kg...for the JC i suggest 10% bodyweight. Personally, a 2.5-5% of BW should be added every month, for the HS...0.5-1 kg.