This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

V-up

Started by Iain McLean, April 18, 2021 · 11 Replies · 124 Views

Iain McLean

New to this element - any refinements? Finding the timing/balance a bit tricky at the moment.

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Iain McLean said:

New to this element - any refinements? Finding the timing/balance a bit tricky at the moment.

 

 

 

Really Very nice.

Iain McLean

Here is my last set at mastery.  Shall I move on?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Iain McLean said:

Here is my last set at mastery.  Shall I move on?

 

 

Hey Iain, have you noticed that you tend to bend at the knees at the beginning of all the reps?

Iain McLean
3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Iain, have you noticed that you tend to bend at the knees at the beginning of all the reps?

I have, I’m queuing the engagement of the quads but finding it difficult to maintain the lock at the beginning of the movement.  I’ll regress until I can achieve this again and build it back up.

Iain McLean

Is this acceptable to progress? This is my final set from today at mastery.  I’m queuing my quads at the beginning of each rep.  I feel like the most of the knee bend that I still have in the reps is my knee coming out of hyper extension.

PE
https://youtu.be/Mg3jE-qk_Y0

IM

https://youtu.be/kTqmGuKOOO0

Thanks coaches

 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Iain McLean said:

Is this acceptable to progress? This is my final set from today at mastery.  I’m queuing my quads at the beginning of each rep.  I feel like the most of the knee bend that I still have in the reps is my knee coming out of hyper extension.

PE
https://youtu.be/Mg3jE-qk_Y0

IM

https://youtu.be/kTqmGuKOOO0

Thanks coaches

 

hey Iin, i'm gonna post a pic below...up to you to make a consideration about knees lockout.

i'm used to judging the last few reps in order to see if the mastery is ok..but here we are at the first one.

iain.PNG

 

Iain McLean
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

hey Iin, i'm gonna post a pic below...up to you to make a consideration about knees lockout.

i'm used to judging the last few reps in order to see if the mastery is ok..but here we are at the first one.

iain.PNG

 

Your evidence is indisputable :) I seem to be able to achieve the knee lock as demonstrated in my first form check if I slow the movement down.  I feel like when I try to speed up the reps slightly to get through longer sets (as in my later form checks), the upward drive from the lower body in the quads overcomes the knee lock.  Maybe my best bet is to slow it down (however I do struggle with balance when I take this approach).  Back to the drawing board.

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Iain McLean said:

Your evidence is indisputable :) I seem to be able to achieve the knee lock as demonstrated in my first form check if I slow the movement down.  I feel like when I try to speed up the reps slightly to get through longer sets (as in my later form checks), the upward drive from the lower body in the quads overcomes the knee lock.  Maybe my best bet is to slow it down (however I do struggle with balance when I take this approach).  Back to the drawing board.

The main focus is listening a background songs that says "quads are squeezed"...

Iain McLean

@Alessandro Mainente here is an update.  This is my 5 set doing mastery + 2 reps.

 

Alessandro Mainente
42 minutes ago, Iain McLean said:

@Alessandro Mainente here is an update.  This is my 5 set doing mastery + 2 reps.

 

Definitely better....if you want to be extremely accurate you can still see that the movement begins a bit from the knee...

Iain McLean
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Definitely better....if you want to be extremely accurate you can still see that the movement begins a bit from the knee...

Thanks Alessandro.  Sounds like I’m good to progress but I will continue to hone this exercise as I keep it in my warm ups.

Cheers,

Iain