This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mobility Issue

Started by Adam Tikky, April 17, 2021 · 7 Replies · 89 Views

Adam Tikky

Hello,

I find myself stuck on this mobility exercise. In the foundation one middle split stretch, they bring their shoulder down to their leg and touch their toes with their opposite arm. In the video URL attached I show my range of motion. I tried weighted mobility but haven't had any breakthroughs. Any advice on how to progress would be greatly appreciated. 

https://youtu.be/gHscgagSCjI

 

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Adam Tikky said:

Hello,

I find myself stuck on this mobility exercise. In the foundation one middle split stretch, they bring their shoulder down to their leg and touch their toes with their opposite arm. In the video URL attached I show my range of motion. I tried weighted mobility but haven't had any breakthroughs. Any advice on how to progress would be greatly appreciated. 

https://youtu.be/gHscgagSCjI

 

Hi Adam the main issue here is the straddle. IS this your best?

Adam Tikky

For this movement, it is my best. How can I improve?

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Adam Tikky said:

For this movement, it is my best. How can I improve?

Generally speaking, having patience is the key. Reaching my thoracic spine bridge took to me 10 years almost.

Also, in case of a very limited range of motion, a PT checkup can be good, then if you have specific body part tension you can act more precisely on them..more frequently.

Adam Tikky

When working on the thoracic spine what would be a good progression exercise? 

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Adam Tikky said:

When working on the thoracic spine what would be a good progression exercise? 

GB offers a good protocol for the Thoracic Bridge stretch series. Specific personalized for you personal limitations depends on them, For example, if the final goal is a bridge, does not make any sense to push extremely on the bridge if the glenohumeral joint mobility is not yet recovered.

Adam Tikky

I'm unfamiliar with GB what does that stand for? 

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Adam Tikky said:

I'm unfamiliar with GB what does that stand for? 

G(ymnastic) B(odies)