This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

L-sit Russian Dip

Started by Gary Yngve, April 9, 2021 · 3 Replies · 58 Views

Gary Yngve

It looks like I still have a little forward lean on the up.  Any cues/hints for fixing it?  Thanks!
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Gary Yngve said:

It looks like I still have a little forward lean on the up.  Any cues/hints for fixing it?  Thanks!
 

 

Hey Gary, the most important correction here regards the bottom part, you should reach it with more depression. Stop the video in the bottom position, you will notice that elbows and shoulders are at the same height while shoulders should be higher than elbows.

The second correction regards the symmetry between left and right, if you stop right after the bottom position you will notice that you lean more to your left side..maybe some slow rep with an assistance band can be useful to reduce the gap.

Gary Yngve

I think I am doing better about keeping shoulders above elbows.  Now it seems that my hips aren't driving forward equally, possibly in the opposite direction of the prior video.  Thanks!
 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Gary Yngve said:

I think I am doing better about keeping shoulders above elbows.  Now it seems that my hips aren't driving forward equally, possibly in the opposite direction of the prior video.  Thanks!
 

 

 

Yes definitely better at the shoulders. the main problem now is having the legs always parallel, you can try to split the movement into 2 phases and try to do the first one a bit slower in the eccentric part. There are 2 ways to hold the parallel position when you return in the top position:

1- compress more the upper body with the lower while leaning forward;

2- reduce compression but think about moving more vertically (something like you eccentric) rather than horizontally.

The first one needs more flexibility and active compression. the second one more strength in the upper body.