This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

elevated planche lean

Started by Gary Yngve, April 9, 2021 · 12 Replies · 136 Views

Gary Yngve

I lost some protraction about 20 seconds in, but otherwise how does it look?  Thanks!
Also for kicks, my progression from last year: 

 

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Gary Yngve said:

I lost some protraction about 20 seconds in, but otherwise how does it look?  Thanks!
Also for kicks, my progression from last year: 

 

Hey Gay, this is a nice starting point. MY 2 tips are again having the shoulder depression so that you can maximize the work of the shoulders and lower a bit the hips so that they are aligned with heels and shoulders.

Gary Yngve

I got a bench, so no more chair.  My feet feel a lot better!  I boosted up the bench a few inches to get closer to shoulder height.
I feel stronger at the hold and I'm focusing on depressing the shoulders.  Are the hips still too high?
And am I doing the bounces correctly?  I'm starting to mix them in with the holds.  Thanks!
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Gary Yngve said:

I got a bench, so no more chair.  My feet feel a lot better!  I boosted up the bench a few inches to get closer to shoulder height.
I feel stronger at the hold and I'm focusing on depressing the shoulders.  Are the hips still too high?
And am I doing the bounces correctly?  I'm starting to mix them in with the holds.  Thanks!
 

 

HI Gary, from my pov you should reduce the time to 6 seconds and correct the form. i this case:

- hips should be lower;

- depression of the shoulder can be improved.

Gary Yngve

How are these shorter attempts?  Thanks!
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
56 minutes ago, Gary Yngve said:

How are these shorter attempts?  Thanks!
 

 

Strongly revisited and strong improvements! nicely done! i would stop the hold at 6'' since after the form tends to deteriorate.

Gary Yngve

This was my 5th set of 30 seconds today.  I'm losing some form after about 24 seconds. so I'll stick with it until I can hold it consistently for the full 30 seconds.
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Gary Yngve said:

This was my 5th set of 30 seconds today.  I'm losing some form after about 24 seconds. so I'll stick with it until I can hold it consistently for the full 30 seconds.
 

 

you're correct...technical work ends at 24''. my suggestion is working since the technical work begins to fail..i mean the 20'' mark...

Gary Yngve

How is this one?  Thanks!
 

 

Gary Yngve

Hi Coaches, how is this one?  (last set of 5, held on for a little longer for kicks)
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Gary Yngve said:

Hi Coaches, how is this one?  (last set of 5, held on for a little longer for kicks)
 

 

very nice....keep working on"pushing downward the hips".

Gary Yngve

Hi Coaches, how is this?
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Gary Yngve said:

Hi Coaches, how is this?
 

 

Nice lean...keep the shoulder away from the ears and lock out the knees.