This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE3

Started by Awais Muzaffar, April 5, 2021 · 9 Replies · 72 Views

Awais Muzaffar

Hello coaches,

This one has been a struggle for me in terms of body alignment:

video 1

video 2

I manged to make a really good line in the tripod headstand and remove any arches in the lower back. 

This has improved but... there is still a slight arch which I am struggling to fix.

Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hello coaches,

This one has been a struggle for me in terms of body alignment:

video 1

video 2

I manged to make a really good line in the tripod headstand and remove any arches in the lower back. 

This has improved but... there is still a slight arch which I am struggling to fix.

Thanks.

Hey Awais, the second video is "not available", can you confirm that? meanwhile, you can try holding a bit more of the chest in.

Awais Muzaffar

Video 2 should be available now - I think my chest is better in video 2 at 0:10 seconds but would be good to get your feedback.

Many thanks.

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Video 2 should be available now - I think my chest is better in video 2 at 0:10 seconds but would be good to get your feedback.

Many thanks.

IT is a starting point but it can be improved.

Awais Muzaffar

Ok, so it's better than what I first posted first but I'm still not 100%: 

  • set 1
  • set 2 - I tried tucking chest in a bit more.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Awais

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Ok, so it's better than what I first posted first but I'm still not 100%: 

  • set 1
  • set 2 - I tried tucking chest in a bit more.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Awais

Question of the doomsday... i joke...are you squeezing the glutes in the second attempt?

Awais Muzaffar

Hehe. I remember squeezing quads, and pulling toes up. My glutes could have been squeezed more...

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey! Not sure if my recent attempts have improved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSw7LhuZs-s

What do you think?

Thanks!

Well i still have the impression that glutes are not activated completely...

Awais Muzaffar

Ah okay, I think better activated glutes means better hip extension... ok I will focus more.

Thanks!