This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretches

Started by Mrs Julie A Simpson, April 1, 2021 · 2 Replies · 66 Views

Mrs Julie A Simpson

Hi, I'm a bit confused as to how long I should hold the stretches for as a beginner and should I stretch every day? I'm currently doing the three different stretch routines twice weekly. Is this ok or too much to begin with?

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Mrs Julie A Simpson said:

Hi, I'm a bit confused as to how long I should hold the stretches for as a beginner and should I stretch every day? I'm currently doing the three different stretch routines twice weekly. Is this ok or too much to begin with?

Hi Julie, how much is definitely personal..thre are strong guideling , i mean enough strong, like the 3 stretch series. I have done the 3 stretch series once a week for 6 years and still got improvements. doing more from the beginning is the worst choice...there is always time to add, and if you add to much your body is going to tell you that you are doing too much.

Mrs Julie A Simpson

Hi Alessandro,

 

Thanks very much for your reply. This really helps and is much appreciated. I think I'm probably trying to do too much too soon!