This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE5 + iM

Started by Leigh Cambre, March 30, 2021 · 6 Replies · 72 Views

Leigh Cambre

I'm having a conundrum in my gym.

For MN/PE5, I potentially need a bar with a shoulder-support. The only workaround I have is one squat box with an olympic bar as back support. Could I do this particular exercise by just free hanging? Or is the shoulder support a necessary part of this exercise?

For the iM, I don't have stall bars. I don't get how else I could workaround this exercise? I could kind of do a workaround with olympic bars, but, as you can imagine, I wouldn't be able to "follow along" with the video because of how many bar changes I'd have to do. Honestly, I think it would be kind of absurd to raise and lower the olympic bar to match the workout shown on the video. Are there other ideas here?

I've tried skimming past these to see if I can master the next exercise, but I am struggling on the negative hanging leg lift. I don't have enough strength nor flexibility to lower at a slow pace. My legs just fall.

I would love ideas on how to execute MN/PE5 and the MN/PE5 > iM given my limitations.

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Leigh Cambre said:

I'm having a conundrum in my gym.

For MN/PE5, I potentially need a bar with a shoulder-support. The only workaround I have is one squat box with an olympic bar as back support. Could I do this particular exercise by just free hanging? Or is the shoulder support a necessary part of this exercise?

For the iM, I don't have stall bars. I don't get how else I could workaround this exercise? I could kind of do a workaround with olympic bars, but, as you can imagine, I wouldn't be able to "follow along" with the video because of how many bar changes I'd have to do. Honestly, I think it would be kind of absurd to raise and lower the olympic bar to match the workout shown on the video. Are there other ideas here?

I've tried skimming past these to see if I can master the next exercise, but I am struggling on the negative hanging leg lift. I don't have enough strength nor flexibility to lower at a slow pace. My legs just fall.

I would love ideas on how to execute MN/PE5 and the MN/PE5 > iM given my limitations.

Hey Leigh, the most important part of the MN leg lift development is not leaning backward with the shoulders so everything could possibly avoid that is fine. Since you have some logistic limitations you can do all the sets of PE in a row then 5 sets of IM.

Leigh Cambre

I want to make sure I understand you.
 

Are you saying that free hanging is fine?

 

And then for the iM, I should just do 5 reps like MN/PE6 > iM?

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Leigh Cambre said:

I want to make sure I understand you.
 

Are you saying that free hanging is fine?

 

And then for the iM, I should just do 5 reps like MN/PE6 > iM?

For every work on the stall bar which involves hips flexion, you should work with a stall bar or similar. 

Can't you use 2 Olympic bars?

Leigh Cambre

My gym doesn't have stall bars.

My gym has 4 olympic bar setups:

One is usable, but is in an area of the gym where heavy lifters claim space so it's hard to get access to.
One is usable, but very low to the ground. I'm 6'3" so I can do the full range of motion.
The other 2 do not have high bars.

It's a conundrum for me.

Alessandro Mainente
On 4/2/2021 at 5:32 PM, Leigh Cambre said:

I want to make sure I understand you.
 

Are you saying that free hanging is fine?

 

And then for the iM, I should just do 5 reps like MN/PE6 > iM?

mmmmm I do not have a real solution, the only thing you can do is trying o avoid backward lean with shoulders...

David Pardy 340028

Would a power rack up against the wall (hanging onto a cross-beam rather than the pull-up bar) be an option for the PE?  I'm not really sure what you could do for the IM

I built my own stall-bars at home since starting GST, they have been quite invaluable and well worth the time and money I put into building them.  If you have the space it's definitely a worthwhile investment.  There are plenty of ideas if you search online for DIY stall bars