This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100608

Started by Coach Sommer, June 8, 2010 · 2 Replies · 1,149 Views

Coach Sommer

pTUn2-sF3Hw

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Shuttle Run

40’ Senders

10 Jumping Deck Squats

5 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x60 seconds of Seated Toe Point Stretch.

notes:

1) The Shuttle Run should be performed with an all out effort. The primary focus of the Shuttle Run is to elevate the heart rate over 170 BPM.

2) Perform your shuttle runs in the following fashion; sprint out 5yds & return, sprint out 10 yds & return, sprint out 15 yds & return. Continue in this fashion non-stop for 60 seconds.

3) Move immediately from the Shuttle Runs to the Senders to the Jumping

Deck Squats to the Depth Jumps.

4) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

5) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Alvaro

I substituted the shuttle runs with a 1 min sprint at 16 km/h which for me is thought enough!. I did the senders with jumps (the higher I´m capable). The squat deck jumps didn´t look too much as a big jump by the way but I tried my best. :D

I think I over used a bit my right Achilles tendon, I can feel it right now, I suppose is due to the sprint as I´m beginning to run pose method and currently I´m doing 2 times 10 min a week, If I do more than that I can feel my feet so I take it easily with running. :|

Blairbob

Overall, it took me just under 17m. 3m rest after the 1st round, 2m after the 2nd, 1m after the 3rd. I noticed after the 1st round that I thought I'd be able to go again between 1-2m but decided to tinker with it.

While I felt more lively during the 2nd round as the shuttle sprints were a tad easier, I think the Senders and jumping deck squats were a little less powerful. Depth jumps didn't seem to be much effected though my balance was somewhat affected as I climbed up to the height I was jumping off.

Before, I spent quite a bit of time doing some mobility on my lower back and hip since I was worried about the shuttle runs and all the stuff in the lower body.

Beforehand, I skipped limbers as it seems my right shoulder doesn't like bridging up from the ground (but is fine from a HS). Did some press HeS/HS, 2 rounds of 30s basic 4 planks, 3x20s L-sit and 6x10s straddle-L. Triceps weren't too happy but this is playing around with volume versus just mucking through "dark times" ala Broz.