This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS IM1 Sideprone Lift advice

Started by David Pardy 340028, March 15, 2021 · 4 Replies · 51 Views

David Pardy 340028

Hey all, been stuck on these for way too long now.  My Pancake and Butterfly are also fairly bad - I'm just wondering if improving both of these will help improve SLS IM1?  The IM itself doesn't seem to have done anything at all to improve itself so I'm guessing my hip abductors are too overactive.

I perform horse stance and isometric middle splits stretches every other day and it seems to be making a difference.  I found the Stretch series was too advanced for where I'm at right now and too hard on my knees.

Would ankle weights help?

The PE itself is extremely easy (I can already complete all SLS PEs in Foundation 1) so it would be nice to be able to move forward.

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, David Pardy 340028 said:

Hey all, been stuck on these for way too long now.  My Pancake and Butterfly are also fairly bad - I'm just wondering if improving both of these will help improve SLS IM1?  The IM itself doesn't seem to have done anything at all to improve itself so I'm guessing my hip abductors are too overactive.

I perform horse stance and isometric middle splits stretches every other day and it seems to be making a difference.  I found the Stretch series was too advanced for where I'm at right now and too hard on my knees.

Would ankle weights help?

The PE itself is extremely easy (I can already complete all SLS PEs in Foundation 1) so it would be nice to be able to move forward.

Hi DAvid, are you following also the stretch series?

David Pardy 340028

Hi Alex, I'm not as it's too advanced for me.  I tried it out during the 7-day trial.

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, David Pardy 340028 said:

Hi Alex, I'm not as it's too advanced for me.  I tried it out during the 7-day trial.

BUtterfly for sure will make the exercise easier and also the swivel hips from foundations one --> planche

David Pardy 340028

Thanks Alex, yeah I was trying out some weighted and isometric butterfly variations today and it feels like it's improved.

I am struggling with swivel hips, haven't progressed in months so I'm going to be working on some ideas I have using bands to try and get it sorted.