This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP A3 PPPU (pseudo planche push up)

Started by Jan Smekens, March 3, 2021 · 3 Replies · 52 Views

Jan Smekens

Hi everyone

Can I have a form check on my PPPU. In the first video I see my tibilias working so I thought I should decrease the lean.

In the second video I decreased the lean.

Should I aim for 5 x 10r with the lean in the second video and then increase the lean?

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey jan, not bad at all! referring to the top video...the reps should be done like the first or second rep. 

Jan Smekens

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente! Is it good practice to do 2-4 reps with the amount of lean in the top video and then decrease the lean and continue repping until 10? Ofcourse my goal is to achieve 5 x 10 reps with the amount of lean in the top video.

Anyway thanks for all your efforts, I've noticed last week since I've joined GB that you help us newbies out a lot :)

I have a feeling that this forum will be of great help.

Have a great day.

Alessandro Mainente
On 3/4/2021 at 10:56 AM, Jan Smekens said:

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente! Is it good practice to do 2-4 reps with the amount of lean in the top video and then decrease the lean and continue repping until 10? Ofcourse my goal is to achieve 5 x 10 reps with the amount of lean in the top video.

Anyway thanks for all your efforts, I've noticed last week since I've joined GB that you help us newbies out a lot :)

I have a feeling that this forum will be of great help.

Have a great day.

Exactly, the idea is considering the amount of lean as a goal but:

1) technique first

then 

2) lean.

This means that if you do not perform with the proper technique you can lean how much you want...

reduce the lean, fix the execution then increase the lean. you can for sure build up 5x10 with less lean and then begin again, notice that reaching 5x10r with less lean does not mean that with more lean you need to begin with 2reps because there is still a carryover between less and more degrees of lean.