Weekly schedule for strength

Started by Natalie Daniels, March 3, 2021 · 4 Replies · 2,908 Views

Natalie Daniels

Hello,

I need some help to create my weekly training schedule to improve strength. I have lack of strength compared to my good mobility (zero issues with that). My GOAL is to become the strongest I can and achieve a perfect handstand hold and variations.

This has been my schedule since december 2020:

M. Foundation lower body + core

T. Foundation upper body + single bar shoulder mobility + stretch thoracic bridge

W. Handstand + Stretch front split

T. Foundation lower body + core

F. Foundation upper body + weighted mobility + stretch thoracic bridge

S. Handstand + knee series + stretch middle split

S. rest

How can I improve this schedule for my goal? Should I add more foundation strength trainings during the week? Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Natalie Daniels said:

Hello,

I need some help to create my weekly training schedule to improve strength. I have lack of strength compared to my good mobility (zero issues with that). My GOAL is to become the strongest I can and achieve a perfect handstand hold and variations.

This has been my schedule since december 2020:

M. Foundation lower body + core

T. Foundation upper body + single bar shoulder mobility + stretch thoracic bridge

W. Handstand + Stretch front split

T. Foundation lower body + core

F. Foundation upper body + weighted mobility + stretch thoracic bridge

S. Handstand + knee series + stretch middle split

S. rest

How can I improve this schedule for my goal? Should I add more foundation strength trainings during the week? Thanks

Hi Natalie, depends on the years of experience in strength training specifically GST. This schedule is something that i held (or very similar) for 10 year....i got planche, levers, one arm chin-up, cross, reverse muscle-up, inverted cross, one arm handstand, straddle press to hs. what works best for you is something that you must experience with. or something that a personal coach can understand little by little.

Natalie Daniels

I understand your point. GST is something new to me (started in December). I did swimming and martial arts when younger. So you are saying that training foundation strength upper+lower+core an extra day or two a week wouldn't help right? Obviously that would take time from the stretch training. I just need some experienced opinion (I am not a trainer) and then I will go with what feels best in my body. If keeping this exact routine will give me strength and it is only a matter of time, I will definitely stick to this one, I am patient.

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Natalie Daniels said:

I understand your point. GST is something new to me (started in December). I did swimming and martial arts when younger. So you are saying that training foundation strength upper+lower+core an extra day or two a week wouldn't help right? Obviously that would take time from the stretch training. I just need some experienced opinion (I am not a trainer) and then I will go with what feels best in my body. If keeping this exact routine will give me strength and it is only a matter of time, I will definitely stick to this one, I am patient.

The best solution is TRY if you progress perfectly....if you are too sore reduce...adjusting is what makes success in the training field.

Natalie Daniels

ok. Thanks for the reply.