This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Open Planche

Started by Nuno Duarte, March 2, 2021 · 12 Replies · 138 Views

Nuno Duarte

Hi everyone! 

What do you think of my open Planche? 

Thanks for the help!!! 

Hope everyone is doing well. 

 

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Nuno Duarte said:

Hi everyone! 

What do you think of my open Planche? 

Thanks for the help!!! 

Hope everyone is doing well. 

 

Hey Nuno, 2 corrections: hips lower and more rounded back.

Nuno Duarte

Thanks. I was trying to put my hips like in the course video. Do you mean more rounded upper back (protaction) or middle back? I think I have more protracted scapula that the athlete in the course video.. 

Thanks! 

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Nuno Duarte said:

Thanks. I was trying to put my hips like in the course video. Do you mean more rounded upper back (protaction) or middle back? I think I have more protracted scapula that the athlete in the course video.. 

Thanks! 

Protraction will round your middle/upper back. if the rounded part is too high is because of a lack of depression.

Nuno Duarte

Hey @Alessandro Mainente, is this better? 

Also, what do you think of the protaction in the course video athlete? ( just curious :D)

Thanks for the help!! 

Nuno 

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 3/4/2021 at 8:23 PM, Nuno Duarte said:

Hey @Alessandro Mainente, is this better? 

Also, what do you think of the protaction in the course video athlete? ( just curious :D)

Thanks for the help!! 

Nuno 

 

Hey Nuno not yet, can I see your 30'' tuck planche?

Nuno Duarte

Hey @Alessandro MainenteMainente here it is 30s tuck planche as requested

Thanks for the help! 

 

Alessandro Mainente

This is not bad, so your main limitation is HOW you extend the hips. In your open planche it's done by spine extension while it should be done with hips extension.

Nuno Duarte

Thanks, I think I understand. I'll work on it and get back to you! 

Thanks for the help as always :)

Nuno. 

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Nuno Duarte said:

Thanks, I think I understand. I'll work on it and get back to you! 

Thanks for the help as always :)

Nuno. 

Is more technical than strength....try this activation work...you need a place where the knees can go under the support....it is a variation that i use with my students when they need more proprioception! you need to focus on opening the hips without losing the upper body activation. do it as slow as you can.

 

Nuno Duarte

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente! Awesome drill!!

Nuno. 

Nuno Duarte

Hi @Alessandro Mainente! I know I still need to improve my technique, but do you think this is better? I have been working on your cues. Thanks for the feedback!!

Nuno. 

 

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Nuno Duarte said:

Hi @Alessandro Mainente! I know I still need to improve my technique, but do you think this is better? I have been working on your cues. Thanks for the feedback!!

Nuno. 

 

At this level, the most proficient thing is to change as little as possible the alignment. in your case moving the upper legs and the hips make substantial changes. you must start with legs already out!