This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How do I improve my Jefferson curl?

Started by Nithin Reddy, March 2, 2021 · 3 Replies · 117 Views

Nithin Reddy

My Jefferson Curl needs improvement. I’m doing it as part of C2 Straddle Up and  don’t think I will pass mastery as it is now.

 I do the front split stretch series once a week for the last 6 month (I missed about 6 days).  I’ve also recently added the hamstring restore and having been doing that for the last couple weeks. 

What else can I do to improve this?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Nithin Reddy said:

My Jefferson Curl needs improvement. I’m doing it as part of C2 Straddle Up and  don’t think I will pass mastery as it is now.

 I do the front split stretch series once a week for the last 6 month (I missed about 6 days).  I’ve also recently added the hamstring restore and having been doing that for the last couple weeks. 

What else can I do to improve this?

 

 

Hi Nithin, one thing: patience! to develop my 100% bodyweigth jefferson curl took to me 2 years.

David Pardy 340028

Hi Nithin, don't forget you'll also need to do the Jefferson Curl at the edge of a box or step or something to allow you to go as deep as possible, you'll never get full ROM on flat ground and it looks to me like you should be able to go deeper.

Nithin Reddy

Thanks David. Typically I’m not able to touch the ground with my knuckles on the first couple of sets, however I have noticed my knuckles scraping the ground on the later sets. I’ll elevate.