This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A6: Hollow Body Rock

Started by Cory Bowman, February 24, 2021 · 1 Replies · 33 Views

Cory Bowman

I have been working on this movement for months now. As you can see from this video I have really bad Thoracic mobility. When I rock I hit a flat spot and takes all my rocking away. I tried to do assisted sit-ups as I read somewhere that can help. Any suggestions on how to improve the flat spot. I'm able to do 60 reps for a 2 to 3 sets after that it becomes a challenge to hit 60. Not sure if it is just still muscle adaptation but this would be the longest I have experienced by a factor of 3 or 4. Seems like I'm missing some mobility or technique. 

 

Thanks in advance,

 

Cory

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Cory Bowman said:

I have been working on this movement for months now. As you can see from this video I have really bad Thoracic mobility. When I rock I hit a flat spot and takes all my rocking away. I tried to do assisted sit-ups as I read somewhere that can help. Any suggestions on how to improve the flat spot. I'm able to do 60 reps for a 2 to 3 sets after that it becomes a challenge to hit 60. Not sure if it is just still muscle adaptation but this would be the longest I have experienced by a factor of 3 or 4. Seems like I'm missing some mobility or technique. 

 

Thanks in advance,

 

Cory

Hey Cory i have noticed that this is your first post talking about Hollowbody progression this means that i did not have a previous form check on the previous elements. the major problem with your form is that the upper spine is not curled. this is a concept that you should be already solved from the previous variation. so i'm gonna ask you to post the rocks on the tuck variation and straddle variation.