This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

B1 incline Row

Started by Shane Lonergan, February 23, 2021 · 4 Replies · 85 Views

Shane Lonergan

Hi,

The follow along video for B1 incline rows includes a twist throughout the movement resulting in palms facing up at the top of the movement! The technical description for incline rows does not include this twist? With or without the twist?

With the twist appears to increase the engagement in the lower traps which I believe is one of the key muscles which rows target. Would I be correct in saying this? 

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Shane Lonergan said:

Hi,

The follow along video for B1 incline rows includes a twist throughout the movement resulting in palms facing up at the top of the movement! The technical description for incline rows does not include this twist? With or without the twist?

With the twist appears to increase the engagement in the lower traps which I believe is one of the key muscles which rows target. Would I be correct in saying this? 

Hey Shane, the twist has also the goal of engaging the part of the elbows flexor involved in the supination of the hands!

Shane Lonergan

Thanks Alessandro, So I should continue to twist at the top? And should I continue to twist as I progress to ground rows etc? 

Shane Lonergan
5 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Shane, the twist has also the goal of engaging the part of the elbows flexor involved in the supination of the hands!

Thanks Alessandro, so should I continue to twist at the top? And should I continue to twist as I progress to ground rows etc? 

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Shane Lonergan said:

Thanks Alessandro, so should I continue to twist at the top? And should I continue to twist as I progress to ground rows etc? 

Hey Shane yes.