This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE11

Started by Awais Muzaffar, February 20, 2021 · 4 Replies · 76 Views

Awais Muzaffar

Hey coaches,

I really need some feedback on the bulgarian pull-ups, as this is a movement I'm not so familiar with: 

video 1

video 2

Key points:

- ! have limited vertical space, so this means I cannot lockout arms and shoulders at 100%.
- I am trying to keep elbows in line with body (the cue I am using is if there is a wall behind me, and my arms, shoulders and back should be flat agains that when pulling).
- Due to shoulder flexion (actively working on) , at the bottom of the hang there is slight arch in my lower back and ribs stick out.

Thanks as always,

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey coaches,

I really need some feedback on the bulgarian pull-ups, as this is a movement I'm not so familiar with: 

video 1

video 2

Key points:

- ! have limited vertical space, so this means I cannot lockout arms and shoulders at 100%.
- I am trying to keep elbows in line with body (the cue I am using is if there is a wall behind me, and my arms, shoulders and back should be flat agains that when pulling).
- Due to shoulder flexion (actively working on) , at the bottom of the hang there is slight arch in my lower back and ribs stick out.

Thanks as always,

Well instead of beginning with hips extended you can almost sit on the floor so that you have more space to work.  It is not so bad because the main idea is moving in between the arms.

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Ok cool, I've taken your advice about changing the positioning of the hips/legs due to the limited space.

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkHwlNPmJ5o

Vey nice!

Awais Muzaffar

Great - good to hear :)