This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question on Leg training

Started by Timothy Strickland, February 5, 2021 · 1 Replies · 93 Views

Timothy Strickland

Hi all,

This is for a coach but I welcome any experienced response.

Currently I am following the standard training routine. 2x legs, core, upper body, handstand. 1 Middle Split, 1 Front Split and Thoracic.

My question is, I do about 2.5-3 hours of biking each week which also hits the legs. Biking is somewhat Quad intensive but I was wondering if training the legs this much is going to be counterproductive? Should I reduce to 1 leg day on gymnastics and focus more on my hamstrings and glutes?

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Timothy Strickland said:

Hi all,

This is for a coach but I welcome any experienced response.

Currently I am following the standard training routine. 2x legs, core, upper body, handstand. 1 Middle Split, 1 Front Split and Thoracic.

My question is, I do about 2.5-3 hours of biking each week which also hits the legs. Biking is somewhat Quad intensive but I was wondering if training the legs this much is going to be counterproductive? Should I reduce to 1 leg day on gymnastics and focus more on my hamstrings and glutes?

Thanks

Hi Timothy, legs training on GB rely on strength more than endurance (like biking) so they can be a compliment. if you see that you begin to be fatigued you can consider to drop one thing between the time of biking and GB legs training.