Dose that look good? if not can I get some advice?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Geonho Lee, February 4, 2021 · 12 Replies · 159 Views
Dose that look good? if not can I get some advice?
5 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:Dose that look good? if not can I get some advice?
Hey Geonho they need some corrections? especially from the side view. notice that once you reach the support on the upper arms then the shoulders should be above the elbows (from a side view perspective).
On 2/4/2021 at 6:27 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:Hey Geonho they need some corrections? especially from the side view. notice that once you reach the support on the upper arms then the shoulders should be above the elbows (from a side view perspective).
I just wanted to make sure that I perform it in a good posture.
Is this right?
5 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:I just wanted to make sure that I perform it in a good posture.
Is this right?
Hey Geonho this is a common mistake of the Russian dip.
There are some idiots on social media that confused the support on the upper body which is the upper arm (in between elbow and shoulder) and NOT the forearm. This has generated an impressive if not infinite amount of confusion about Russian dip. In Italy the Russian dip is called brachial support that refers exactly to the upper arm because "brachium" is the ancestor word for the upper arm.
So the first point is adjusting the support. the second one regards the bottom position. From a side view you must show a position where:
- elbows are the lowest joint;
- hands is the middle joint;
-shoulder is the highest joint;
- shoulder is exactly over the elbow and not in between elbow and hand..something that you can easily see at 2 seconds.
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Hey Geonho this is a common mistake of the Russian dip.
There are some idiots on social media that confused the support on the upper body which is the upper arm (in between elbow and shoulder) and NOT the forearm. This has generated an impressive if not infinite amount of confusion about Russian dip. In Italy the Russian dip is called brachial support that refers exactly to the upper arm because "brachium" is the ancestor word for the upper arm.
So the first point is adjusting the support. the second one regards the bottom position. From a side view you must show a position where:
- elbows are the lowest joint;
- hands is the middle joint;
-shoulder is the highest joint;
- shoulder is exactly over the elbow and not in between elbow and hand..something that you can easily see at 2 seconds.
Ah... Ok.. I realized I've done it in a weird form. I'll correct them and show you again. I really appreciate it coach!!
On 2/18/2021 at 7:31 PM, Geonho Lee said:Ah... Ok.. I realized I've done it in a weird form. I'll correct them and show you again. I really appreciate it coach!!
I want to what you think about my performance and posture although It's not the perfection.
20 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:I want to what you think about my performance and posture although It's not the perfection.
Hey Geonho...reading my previous post appears that my corrections were substantially clear but there are still many points here which were not corrected. from a side view:
1) shoulder are too forward, they should be above the elbows;
2) shoulders drop lower that bar: they should always be higher than bar;
3) the support of the arm appears to be above the elbows while it MUST be in the middle of the upper arm.
These suggestions are extremely important, you have ow chances to compete with the L variation if you do not fix it.
On 3/12/2021 at 6:24 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:Hey Geonho...reading my previous post appears that my corrections were substantially clear but there are still many points here which were not corrected. from a side view:
1) shoulder are too forward, they should be above the elbows;
2) shoulders drop lower that bar: they should always be higher than bar;
3) the support of the arm appears to be above the elbows while it MUST be in the middle of the upper arm.
These suggestions are extremely important, you have ow chances to compete with the L variation if you do not fix it.
you're right, your suggestions has been enough. It doesn't look like I've gotten the picture, i mean I haven't gotten you.
so.. to be clear I'd like to correct the position of my shoulders in a lower part so could you explain with this photo?
I don't know exactly about this suggestion, shoulder should be above the elbow
17 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:you're right, your suggestions has been enough. It doesn't look like I've gotten the picture, i mean I haven't gotten you.
so.. to be clear I'd like to correct the position of my shoulders in a lower part so could you explain with this photo?
I don't know exactly about this suggestion, shoulder should be above the elbow
No, the lower part is the upper arm support. this is more like a mid-range rep.
On 3/14/2021 at 3:45 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:No, the lower part is the upper arm support. this is more like a mid-range rep.
I think I got you but to be clear I'd like to know what you think.
and It looks like I've had my shoulder a little lower than elbows in final count
Well, the alignment of elbows shoulder, and hand is now perfect..now try to reach the bottom position with the shoulders a bit higher. when you reach the bar you must stop...no additional movement is necessary..if not you are using the stretch reflexes which means something like 15-19% of more strength..
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Well, the alignment of elbows shoulder, and hand is now perfect..now try to reach the bottom position with the shoulders a bit higher. when you reach the bar you must stop...no additional movement is necessary..if not you are using the stretch reflexes which means something like 15-19% of more strength..
Ok I really appreciate it again. thank you so much