This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE5

Started by Leigh Cambre, February 2, 2021 · 12 Replies · 73 Views

Leigh Cambre

I think I've nailed this, but just in case:

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

The elevation of your feet looks good and you are doing a solid job of pressing your lower back into the ground. Try to curl your shoulder blades a bit higher off the ground while opening your shoulder angle completely. Your head and arms should be in a handstand position with your eyes fixed on the ceiling.

Leigh Cambre

I aimed to have my arms in a handstand and my head looking up.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Leigh Cambre said:

I aimed to have my arms in a handstand and my head looking up.

 

 

Not bad, now you can eventually push back your hands a bit more and hold them here.

Leigh Cambre

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "push back". Do you mean have my arms closer to the ground?

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Leigh Cambre said:

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "push back". Do you mean have my arms closer to the ground?

Open the shoulder up to 180°.

Leigh Cambre

I'm sorry. I'm still not sure what you mean. 180° from what? 180° usually implies a straight line or exactly halfway, so I don't get your reference point. My angle of execution, in relation to my body and the floor, is 120° in the video (if you use a protractor lol!). If my angle of execution was 180°, that would be a straight line and my feet, body, arms, and hands would all be on the ground.

image.thumb.png.5c62fdbcdc3067b17bca27c86bc83575.png

Using the protractor, my arms are currently at about 140°. Are you saying my arms should be closer to 160°? Is that what you mean? 

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Leigh Cambre said:

I'm sorry. I'm still not sure what you mean. 180° from what? 180° usually implies a straight line or exactly halfway, so I don't get your reference point. My angle of execution, in relation to my body and the floor, is 120° in the video (if you use a protractor lol!). If my angle of execution was 180°, that would be a straight line and my feet, body, arms, and hands would all be on the ground.

image.thumb.png.5c62fdbcdc3067b17bca27c86bc83575.png

Using the protractor, my arms are currently at about 140°. Are you saying my arms should be closer to 160°? Is that what you mean? 

The "open shoulders" refers to the angle in between the upper body and arms. this is what makes the substantial difference between youtube's average quality hollow position and GB requirement. shoulder flexion with abs squeezed is more difficult...and shoulder flexion with curled spine and squeezed abs is ever more difficult.

The correct way to approach it is from a lying position understanding the position of the shoulder compared to the head then LEAVE THE FLOOR by flexion of the spine, as a consequence, the arms will leave the floor but not because you are moving them but simply because they are in a fixed position compared o the upper body and you move the upper body. 

is the same xact process of moving from an extended spine handstand to a hollow handstand....shoulders are still fully opened...what is changing? spine position.

Leigh Cambre

Ahhh, got it. Thank you for this clarification. Very clear!

Leigh Cambre

I've gotten up to 48 seconds, but I'm dreading bringing this up to you. lol. I think I'm probably "cheating" by accident (HOPEFULLY NOT!! lol). The things I've noticing:

  • I believe I've lowered my hands enough to address what you've brought up in previous posts?
  • Is there too much upper back on the mat? Or is it fine?
  • At the very end of the video, you can see that my lower back is ever so slightly leaving the floor due to me being tired. Even though I can hold my legs up still. Curious if that's expected? (FYI: this video was actually a "superset". I had finished 5 rounds of 48 seconds and I recorded round 6).

 

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Leigh Cambre said:

I've gotten up to 48 seconds, but I'm dreading bringing this up to you. lol. I think I'm probably "cheating" by accident (HOPEFULLY NOT!! lol). The things I've noticing:

  • I believe I've lowered my hands enough to address what you've brought up in previous posts?
  • Is there too much upper back on the mat? Or is it fine?
  • At the very end of the video, you can see that my lower back is ever so slightly leaving the floor due to me being tired. Even though I can hold my legs up still. Curious if that's expected? (FYI: this video was actually a "superset". I had finished 5 rounds of 48 seconds and I recorded round 6).

 

THe correct form is exactly at the beginning but my impression is that you are losing it too early..you can try to pass through an intermediate form which is with the arms along the body and focus more on curling the spine.

Leigh Cambre

Thanks. And what about the lower back at the end of the video?

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Leigh Cambre said:

Thanks. And what about the lower back at the end of the video?

Less important because is not possible to flex/curling the spine if you leave the floor with the lower back. optimizing one alignment of the spine automatically leads the other to disappear.