This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand

Started by Natalie Daniels, February 1, 2021 · 9 Replies · 146 Views

Natalie Daniels

Hello, 

I am doing handstand training twice a week. I am still beginner level. I would like to understand how many exercises should I perform per session? 

I am doing all the wrists/fingers work on a kneeling position (PE3) + HS/PE3 +PE4 +PE5 (all of them at step9). I would like to start PE6 and wondering if I simply keep adding exercises on top of what I am doing or as I add I have to remove/decrease any previous exercise?

Thanks for the guidance.

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Natalie Daniels said:

Hello, 

I am doing handstand training twice a week. I am still beginner level. I would like to understand how many exercises should I perform per session? 

I am doing all the wrists/fingers work on a kneeling position (PE3) + HS/PE3 +PE4 +PE5 (all of them at step9). I would like to start PE6 and wondering if I simply keep adding exercises on top of what I am doing or as I add I have to remove/decrease any previous exercise?

Thanks for the guidance.

Hey Natalie, only one progression for the handstand. so:

-wrists work;

- HS PE3 and it's paired mobility. 

- then if you can show proper mastery for handstand and IM (range of motion especially) you can use PE3 as a warmup and insert the PE$ as primary work.

Natalie Daniels

Thanks for the reply. I've been using PE3 as a warm-up so far because I've been doing headstand for many years (yoga practice for 20years) and shoulder mobility is not an issue for me. Mobility is good, strength is what needs more attention in my case. According to what you say, I should stop doing the PE5 and just focus on PE4.

How long should I stay on PE4 at step9 (I'm already there and feeling it solid) before stepping up to PE5?

Also, when I step up to PE5 , should I stop PE3+PE4? Or use them both as a warm-up?

Thanks a lot for all your work. I've been listening to your great youtube videos. The information you share is priceless.

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Natalie Daniels said:

Thanks for the reply. I've been using PE3 as a warm-up so far because I've been doing headstand for many years (yoga practice for 20years) and shoulder mobility is not an issue for me. Mobility is good, strength is what needs more attention in my case. According to what you say, I should stop doing the PE5 and just focus on PE4.

How long should I stay on PE4 at step9 (I'm already there and feeling it solid) before stepping up to PE5?

Also, when I step up to PE5 , should I stop PE3+PE4? Or use them both as a warm-up?

Thanks a lot for all your work. I've been listening to your great youtube videos. The information you share is priceless.

Well if you can perform easily step 9 for PE4 and its paired mobility you can move on.

I highly recommend posting at least the form check of the mobility in the handstand one forum section because it is not unusual to discover asymmetric range of movement between left and right.

Natalie Daniels

Thanks for the reply. I do have some asymmetry due to an accident I had many years ago. I will record a video next time I do the PE4 mobility.

Natalie Daniels

Alessandro,

I know this is gonna sound stupid but I recorded the form check videos and cannot upload them because my phone recorded in MP4. I am not good at this shit and do not know how to convert it. Is there any other way I can share the videos with you?

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Natalie Daniels said:

Alessandro,

I know this is gonna sound stupid but I recorded the form check videos and cannot upload them because my phone recorded in MP4. I am not good at this shit and do not know how to convert it. Is there any other way I can share the videos with you?

Hi Natalie, the best option is uòoading it on google drive or using a video provider service like youtube or vimeo.

Natalie Daniels

Thanks.