This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE2 - Ground Rows

Started by Sam Spink, January 29, 2021 · 5 Replies · 127 Views

Sam Spink

Hi, this is my first form check on the forum. I'm having difficulty progressing through the ground rows of RP/PE2.

I've made it up to 4 sets of 9, but fatigue very quickly in the 3rd and 4th sets. I'm revisiting my technique as I don't think I'm using my lats enough given my arms fatigue so much. This is an attempt to use them more at the bottom of the movement so that the arms just carry me to the top. Any pointers welcome, cheers.

Sam 

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Sam Spink said:

Hi, this is my first form check on the forum. I'm having difficulty progressing through the ground rows of RP/PE2.

I've made it up to 4 sets of 9, but fatigue very quickly in the 3rd and 4th sets. I'm revisiting my technique as I don't think I'm using my lats enough given my arms fatigue so much. This is an attempt to use them more at the bottom of the movement so that the arms just carry me to the top. Any pointers welcome, cheers.

Sam 

 

Hey Sam i can guarantee that you are not using enough lats..why? because you're dot depressing the shoulder before beginning to pull with the elbows flexor.

Sam Spink

Thanks Alessandro. Here’s a second attempt, scaled back to just 3 reps and once I get it right I’ll build back up. I’ve tried consciously depressing the shoulders before pulling with the arms. Any better? Cheers. 
 

https://youtu.be/PncSy9vJPcY

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Sam Spink said:

Thanks Alessandro. Here’s a second attempt, scaled back to just 3 reps and once I get it right I’ll build back up. I’ve tried consciously depressing the shoulders before pulling with the arms. Any better? Cheers. 
 

https://youtu.be/PncSy9vJPcY

Hey Sam in the pic below you can notice that you are still bending at the elbows before depressing the shoulders. the distance between the shoulder and ear should be maximized before bending at the elbow.

rnough.png

Sam Spink

Thanks for the detail. Here’s another attempt. When I focus on depressing the shoulders first, I feel my back arching a bit - is that right? Cheers,

https://youtu.be/W7EtuiePiL4

 

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Sam Spink said:

Thanks for the detail. Here’s another attempt. When I focus on depressing the shoulders first, I feel my back arching a bit - is that right? Cheers,

https://youtu.be/W7EtuiePiL4

 

Hey SAm , yes is not but i see that you are still elevating at the bottom of the rep. this is unnecessary for now.