I'm wondering if there are things you can do besides handstands that would help improve them. Or, modified HS that make it easier/harder.
I heard something about slanted blocks to put less strain on the wrist, so I'd like to know about that at least.
Also, what are some good prehab exercises for wrists? I was working one arm HS and my left wrist hurts after practice, so I'd love to avoid hurting that ![]()
I had an idea a long time ago that would help arm strength and sensitivity... By loading a sheet of plywood with a few weights and then holding it overhead. That is technically "handbalancing" after all ![]()
I got that from one day one arm snatching an olympic bar for fun... It was hard to keep still at the top, it would constantly fall to one side. Then my weightlifting teacher looked mad and told me not to do that (it's dangerous, don't you know!), and haven't done it since. I don't own an o-bar ![]()