This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation questions

Started by THOMAS WALDEN, January 20, 2021 · 5 Replies · 175 Views

THOMAS WALDEN

question 1. should I complete all exercises and mobility like a circuit. If I can rest in between each exercise how much time do you recommend.

Question 2. if I am struggling with one exercise, should I continue with the other exercises or wait to adapt/ advance all the exercise to the same step before moving on. Or should I advance with each exercise as and when I can complete all the reps ? example: I am struggling with the straddle up but can already complete the hollow body rocks and plank twists.

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, THOMAS WALDEN said:

question 1. should I complete all exercises and mobility like a circuit. If I can rest in between each exercise how much time do you recommend.

Question 2. if I am struggling with one exercise, should I continue with the other exercises or wait to adapt/ advance all the exercise to the same step before moving on. Or should I advance with each exercise as and when I can complete all the reps ? example: I am struggling with the straddle up but can already complete the hollow body rocks and plank twists.

Thanks

Hi Thomas you should work one exercise with its paired IM and only these 2 (alternating them ) until you adapt following the schema that is proposed with the workout log.

THOMAS WALDEN

Sorry I don't fully understand your response. With the foundation upper body there is  a2, b2, c2 steps 1-9, my question is should I progress in each one independent of the other two, for example; should i continue onto a3 and b3 if I am still only on say step 5 of c2.

or should I stay on step 9 of a2 and b2 until I am up to step 9 of c2. 

also should the a,b and c be done together without rest or does it not matter ?

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, THOMAS WALDEN said:

Sorry I don't fully understand your response. With the foundation upper body there is  a2, b2, c2 steps 1-9, my question is should I progress in each one independent of the other two, for example; should i continue onto a3 and b3 if I am still only on say step 5 of c2.

or should I stay on step 9 of a2 and b2 until I am up to step 9 of c2. 

also should the a,b and c be done together without rest or does it not matter ?

OK, now i have understood, they are independent because we are not proficient in the same quantity and quality of different joints movements. so you can be on a1 and c2 and b3 and on the work on different steps.

THOMAS WALDEN

ok great, thanks for the help. 

Also with the foundation series:

 Should you aim to complete the a, b and c exercises without rest between each, or is better to be fresh after a couple minutes rest for each exercise?

 

Alessandro Mainente

You can have some minutes rest....