This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check SL/se2

Started by Vanessa Hunt, January 19, 2021 · 9 Replies · 101 Views

Vanessa Hunt

Hi coaches

Just starting this progression and seeking feedback on form.

Is it acceptable for me to use a wedge under left heel? Without it the ankle impingement stops me from gaining depth and I basically just fall over, even with a counter weight.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hi coaches

Just starting this progression and seeking feedback on form.

Is it acceptable for me to use a wedge under left heel? Without it the ankle impingement stops me from gaining depth and I basically just fall over, even with a counter weight.

 

 

Hey Vanessa, is raising a bit the heel can solve the problem goo for it.

Vanessa Hunt

Hi coaches

Feedback on IM please. When starting this I could barely get one rep out.  I'm trying hard not to flex at hips or use momentum to curl leg.  

Thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente
15 minutes ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hi coaches

Feedback on IM please. When starting this I could barely get one rep out.  I'm trying hard not to flex at hips or use momentum to curl leg.  

Thanks

 

Hey Vanessa, try to hold the hips extension.

Vanessa Hunt

Hi Alessandro if hip extension becomes comprised due to lack of strength in hamstrings (on the curl) while holding up other leg is there like a transition movement to build this? Going from stabilising on two to one leg wasn't easy.  But staying on two was too easy. 

I've played with negatives for this movement but wondering if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hi Alessandro if hip extension becomes comprised due to lack of strength in hamstrings (on the curl) while holding up other leg is there like a transition movement to build this? Going from stabilising on two to one leg wasn't easy.  But staying on two was too easy. 

I've played with negatives for this movement but wondering if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks

 

Perform slow negatives with a weight on the hip on the single-leg bridge.

download.png

Vanessa Hunt

Hello coaches

I completely regressed this movement, added 1kg to weight to hip and performed negatives as suggested. How is it looking at this point?

 

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hello coaches

I completely regressed this movement, added 1kg to weight to hip and performed negatives as suggested. How is it looking at this point?

 

It is a good starting point. keep in mind it is a dual joint movement...on one side you flex at the knee while on the other you are isometrically extending at the hips. this mean that in an ideal worl a straigth line passing from hips runs from shoulder to knee..

Vanessa Hunt

Hello coaches

This is my current effort for this strength element. I've worked to build strength in hamstrings/glutes by adding weighted eccentrics (built up to 2kg on each hip).

Noting also I've retained heel lift in IM to support lack of ankle mobility in IM.

How is it looking for mastery?

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 9/18/2022 at 2:49 AM, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hello coaches

This is my current effort for this strength element. I've worked to build strength in hamstrings/glutes by adding weighted eccentrics (built up to 2kg on each hip).

Noting also I've retained heel lift in IM to support lack of ankle mobility in IM.

How is it looking for mastery?

 

nicely done!