This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Speed

Started by John Gaczewski, January 19, 2021 · 5 Replies · 94 Views

John Gaczewski

Hi

Im sorry if this had been posted before but I couldn’t find anything in the forum. I’ve been steady with gst for a few months now. I’m finishing the last few progressions on the first step of each exercise.

My question is: tuck ups, for example, I can do the 5x12 required. I can do the 5+5 windmills. But not at speed. They’re too fast! I’ve been pausing or rewinding the videos to keep up. Any thoughts or suggestions?

thanks 

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, John Gaczewski said:

Hi

Im sorry if this had been posted before but I couldn’t find anything in the forum. I’ve been steady with gst for a few months now. I’m finishing the last few progressions on the first step of each exercise.

My question is: tuck ups, for example, I can do the 5x12 required. I can do the 5+5 windmills. But not at speed. They’re too fast! I’ve been pausing or rewinding the videos to keep up. Any thoughts or suggestions?

thanks 

Hey John, well usually high speed of execution in a beginner/newbie should be avoided because usually (again) the motor schema is not enough proficient. this means that the body finds the best pattern to do the movement with high speed and very often is not correct. So before moving on is till suggest to post your execution. 

David Pardy 340028

Hi John, I once posted a form check that I recorded while following the video and everyone said the mobility was done too fast (HBP PE2).

So the way I've done all the IMs ever since is to do them extremely slowly and really try and push through end ranges of motion (e.g., the bottom of the stiff-leg windmill)

John Gaczewski

Thanks David. I haven’t posted any form checks yet but my instinct was that all mobility should be slow. Do you just keep pausing the video and rewinding? Just go at your own pace? I’ve been doing a better job of keeping tempo with the videos but I need to make sure my form is ok. 
 

I’ve only started using the forum last week. So I’m still figuring it out. The content of gst is incredible. Learning how to piece everything together while scouring the forum for weeks is challenging. I didn’t realize there were coaches to give form checks. Is there a FAQ page or a instruction manual I missed?

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, John Gaczewski said:

Thanks David. I haven’t posted any form checks yet but my instinct was that all mobility should be slow. Do you just keep pausing the video and rewinding? Just go at your own pace? I’ve been doing a better job of keeping tempo with the videos but I need to make sure my form is ok. 
 

I’ve only started using the forum last week. So I’m still figuring it out. The content of gst is incredible. Learning how to piece everything together while scouring the forum for weeks is challenging. I didn’t realize there were coaches to give form checks. Is there a FAQ page or a instruction manual I missed?

Simply the GB website, once you have logged in, gives access to the private forum. If you want to post something search the correct private section and post over there your videos. You can upload it on youtube, vimeo, or using a personal drive and share the link.

David Pardy 340028
23 hours ago, John Gaczewski said:

Thanks David. I haven’t posted any form checks yet but my instinct was that all mobility should be slow. Do you just keep pausing the video and rewinding? Just go at your own pace? I’ve been doing a better job of keeping tempo with the videos but I need to make sure my form is ok. 
 

I don't do the follow-alongs anymore mainly because I try to slow things down, and exercises like the pushups and ground rows I follow the 3-2-1 tempo (which there is a GST article for somewhere) - mostly I'll work at the tempo that feels right based on the instructions, and video myself if I want to check form.