This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/SE3 Form Check

Started by Tupac Rojas, January 18, 2021 · 7 Replies · 60 Views

Tupac Rojas

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmeqFcKQshdSgiKmwm0pR7FNu4oN

 

Hello, 

Please could you look at my form and tell me what I am doing wrong/what should I improve? 

I always focus on pressing my shoulders completely out, so they almost cover my ears and also on keeping my core tight and pelvis forward.

I have trouble finding the sweet spot for balance. Either my feet keep going back to the wall or I just fall over.

I decided to upload these 2 particular attempts, because I was able to hold HS there for maybe 2-3 seconds but then I lost it. Could you please tell me why I was able to hold it but then I lost it?

This is what happens to me each time.

Thank you so much.

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Tupac Rojas said:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmeqFcKQshdSgiKmwm0pR7FNu4oN

 

Hello, 

Please could you look at my form and tell me what I am doing wrong/what should I improve? 

I always focus on pressing my shoulders completely out, so they almost cover my ears and also on keeping my core tight and pelvis forward.

I have trouble finding the sweet spot for balance. Either my feet keep going back to the wall or I just fall over.

I decided to upload these 2 particular attempts, because I was able to hold HS there for maybe 2-3 seconds but then I lost it. Could you please tell me why I was able to hold it but then I lost it?

This is what happens to me each time.

Thank you so much.

Hi Tupac, i cannot access the video, can you please use another streaming provider like youtube or google drive?

Tupac Rojas
57 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

I've sent you the request for access.

I just accepted it, I hope it works.

Alessandro Mainente
4 minutes ago, Tupac Rojas said:

I just accepted it, I hope it works.

I'm noticing some compensation on the spine, it can be due to mobility deficit or technical deficit. have you already mastered the IM1-8?

Tupac Rojas
On 1/21/2021 at 11:34 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

I'm noticing some compensation on the spine, it can be due to mobility deficit or technical deficit. have you already mastered the IM1-8?

Actually I have to be honest, I probably progressed through the mobility exercises faster than I should have. I will go back to some of them which I have not mastered properly yet and work on that.

However, I saw that some of the exercises require a weighted bar. I only have a broomstick. Will that suffice or should it be heavier?

Alessandro Mainente

What makes difference is the range of motion...usually newbies suffer from reaching the minimum range of motion...so do not worry too much about additional weight.