Hey, how is this looking in terms of steadiness? I don't have much reference, so really not sure how well I'm doing with these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbr97_TYhcI
Thank you!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Support hold - rSPT/SE1
Started by Awais Muzaffar, January 14, 2021 · 9 Replies · 124 Views
16 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:Hey, how is this looking in terms of steadiness? I don't have much reference, so really not sure how well I'm doing with these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbr97_TYhcI
Thank you!
Hey Awais, i'm not sure that your elbows are locked out...this is the most important part.
Hmm good point Alessandro... I was feeling straight arms while holding the position, but looking back at the video I probably was not fully locked out. The limited space I have above is also annoying!
13 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:Hmm good point Alessandro... I was feeling straight arms while holding the position, but looking back at the video I probably was not fully locked out. The limited space I have above is also annoying!
you can increase the strap length at the point where you can barely touch the floor with bent knees...you should gain some instability.
Thanks Alessandro. I manged to film this from another angle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V320stHBlMQ
So the elbows do eventully get locked after a few seconds, I just feel so shaky...
19 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:Thanks Alessandro. I manged to film this from another angle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V320stHBlMQ
So the elbows do eventully get locked after a few seconds, I just feel so shaky...
Hi Awais, my suggestion is using longer straps and bend the knees is necessary. i'm not sure if your elbows are completely locked out.
Ok sure Alessandro, as you suggest, I will bring the rings down.
Okay so the rings are lowered now, so I need to bend my knees:
1st set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0G-KB0aZs0
5th set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFf3dERFZww
I can feel my triceps flexing when trying to keep my elbows locked.
16 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:Okay so the rings are lowered now, so I need to bend my knees:
1st set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0G-KB0aZs0
5th set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFf3dERFZww
I can feel my triceps flexing when trying to keep my elbows locked.
Better...you have 20 cm more.......longer straps give better adaptation to instability.
Ah I see... When I first did it with longer straps I was shaking more. But gradually there was some improvement, so I will do even further as you advise. Thank you.