This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Upper Body Ground Rows B2 3/9

Started by Christopher Jozwick, January 14, 2021 · 8 Replies · 95 Views

Christopher Jozwick

Hello,

I am having difficulty progressing in my ground rows. I know that slow can be expected and the general advice that I have read is just to give it time, however I am progressing (albeit slowly) in all other categories. I realized I was performing it incorrectly at one point from a tip I found on the website and made changes to make sure I am lifting with my back. After making changes I still have not progressed. Thanks

 

https://youtu.be/LpiLNYw14QU

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Christopher Jozwick said:

Hello,

I am having difficulty progressing in my ground rows. I know that slow can be expected and the general advice that I have read is just to give it time, however I am progressing (albeit slowly) in all other categories. I realized I was performing it incorrectly at one point from a tip I found on the website and made changes to make sure I am lifting with my back. After making changes I still have not progressed. Thanks

 

https://youtu.be/LpiLNYw14QU

Hi Christopher, can you post your results here? session to session split in the week?

Christopher Jozwick

Alessandro,

Sorry but I am not quite sure what you mean. Are you talking about my sets and reps progress or the schedule I follow during the week for exercises? Thanks

Chris

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Christopher Jozwick said:

Alessandro,

Sorry but I am not quite sure what you mean. Are you talking about my sets and reps progress or the schedule I follow during the week for exercises? Thanks

Chris

I need to see the set and reps that you have completed in the last 3 weeks for every training session for the row. if not i cannot make assumptions about plateau etc.

Christopher Jozwick

Last three weeks has been 3x6 reps for every training session. I do the upper body routine twice a week. I have also added lat band pulls twice a week 4x6 to see if that would help me progress.

Alessandro Mainente

Ok, now the first strategy is reducing a bit the inclination of your body so less parallel to the floor at the point where you can perform 9-10 reps max..a.nd then begin the schedule with 3x6.

Christopher Jozwick

How many sets of that should I perform? And I assume I would do this in place of the 3x6 until I revert back? Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

You can stay first with 3.....next session 3..

next week 4 set for 2 session;

next week 5 sets for 2 session;

then do one week with 3 sets of 6 for 2 session;

then you should be able o pass over 8 reps.

Does it take time? it takes the time it needs.

Christopher Jozwick

Will do. I’ll give it a shot and let you know. Thanks!