This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progression Work

Started by William C Schwartz, January 12, 2021 · 1 Replies · 89 Views

William C Schwartz

I'm guessing this has been answered before but I couldn't find anything in the forums. My question is do I supplement my early progression work with additional strength training and mobility? For example in A2 to A3, I go from 5X15R of pushups to 3X2R of pseudo planche pushups. Seems like I would lose strength if I dramatically decrease volume in that workout. Please help! :) 

PS... When following the videos for foundations, they don't take rests. Is this recommended/expected?

 

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, William C Schwartz said:

I'm guessing this has been answered before but I couldn't find anything in the forums. My question is do I supplement my early progression work with additional strength training and mobility? For example in A2 to A3, I go from 5X15R of pushups to 3X2R of pseudo planche pushups. Seems like I would lose strength if I dramatically decrease volume in that workout. Please help! :)

PS... When following the videos for foundations, they don't take rests. Is this recommended/expected?

 

Thanks!

Hi william, no you don0t lose:

1) first of all because you are doing different exercises. it's not like doing 100 kg of benchpress 1x10 and then 100 kg of benchpress 1x1.i it's more like doing 100x5 benchpress and then narrow grip benchpress.

2) if in your warmup you insert 15-20 reps of the previous mastered element you are not going to lose it.